Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
volcano dream

I am walking to my neighborhood with a woman I know in real life but am not that close with and as we near our neighborhood, she is my neighbor in the dream we notice alot of emergency vehicles in that are and relaize a large mountainous volcano is preparing to erupt. Everyone is being evacuated but it seems that only my house will be affected by the lava flow. My husband and children arealready in my neighbors home and they feel they are safe. I am incredulous feeling that we have to get further away, and they reassure me that it is all okay, then i think they are just telling me that so we will all die together calmly, than I believe them and i say we have time to run to our house and save things that are important. My husband tries to talk me out of it but I can't believe he isn't worried , it seems to be no big deal. I run to our house and lava is jus tbeginning to spurt out of the volcano and the rescue people are all runnig around and everyone is watching but don't seemed worried. I am in the house and very confused I can see the volcano from a back window, as if the volcano is in my back yard and i am going room to room unsure of what to take with me. I am trying to decide on the computer and family pictures or food and clothes and then I wake up. I would love any information or impressions you have about this. I almost never recall dreams and this one woke me up and I have been awake now for 7 hours and it is still with me. Thanks

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 41, southeast

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: volcano dream

Hi Darcy

You will have to put this into the context of your life.,,, because only you know what is going on deep down in your life - if it is this close to consciousness, to be remembered and to keep you awake then it is likely you do know.
Maybe you are holding something back.,,,, whatever it is you will have to look at it and decide.

It seems likely that others in your life do not know that you are feeling this way about something. I sense a degree of ambivalence in your attitude ('you act like you don't care ,,, but deep down you do'); or indeed you may be keeping something from yourself that needs to be spoken about, even if it is just to yourself - acknowledge it to yourself.

- so is it your stuff that is about to blow ?? and the others in your life don't know ,,,,

If you are really stumped then maybe reflect on other dreams, especially those of the past few days.

If you post a reply we may be able to look further - please let me know if what I have said makes sense - if not, then we need to look further.

good luck
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Brisbane Australia 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Justin,
Thanks for your reply. Yes, what you wrote makes a great deal of sense. I am currently back in therapy to deal with what on the surface manifests as disordered eating but apparently has roots in abandonment issues with my mother, how Freudian! The day I had this dream was spent with my mother, her sister and my cousin, who is going through major life changes and recognizing the relationship between her emotional upheaval and her mother (my aunt). So I think, even though I was listening to my cousin for a better part of the visit, there was much that resonated in that visit, hence the dream.
I have an overtly dysfunctional father (borderline personality) so he has been the focus of most of my angst. It is a recent discovery, hastened by my oldest daughter's entre into adolescense, that many of my issues are with my mom who has been painted as my Dad's victim in family history.
I believe after posting the dream and talking to a friend who is very versant in Jungian concepts that the volcano is all the emotions that I have repressed surrounding my mother. That the truth is I don't need to be carrying this around around anymore b/c when i searched to find the important things there wasn't really anything to take from the house. I am ambivalent I believe b/c I am not entirely sure that if I give full concious recognition to my mother's hurtfullness that I will be okay. But I believe in the dream, everything going on as normal was an indication that all will be okay.
Hope that isn't me just putting a happy face on things. I also hope i haven't divulged too much bt at this age I just want to get on with things and be the best I can for my kids. I would appreciate any further thoughts you may have. Namaste , Darcy

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: Re: volcano dream

Dear Darcy

namaste to you - you are walking the walk ,,,,

Noteworhty that the dream came after such a day, and you can see a link there.
I am not sure I need to add anything; I beliieve in the inate goodness of our psyche, that it will reveal if we will listen - and it reveals as mcuh as we need to know / as much as we can handle. Of al that I know, I think dream is the most truthful ,,, it may so so in images that we are challenged to interpret, however they seem to consistently speak the truth. This itself is a rarity these days.

You have a great handle on things and are well on the path - i would encourage you to reflect on your dreams - and if you have a mind, look into Marion Woodman ,,,

all the beat
JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Brisbane Australia 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Thanks again Justin,
Had another dream last night, which outside of pregnancy is a rarity for me. However, I don't recall this dream as well. It had similar imagery, house, family cared for, an unknown friend but this time there was a hurricane. I had just seen the hurricane for this year, living in the coastal southeast you watch, but even so I believe there is something up.
I will look Marion Woodman, per your suggestion. If I have anymore dreams i recall I will post them. Thanks for your encouragement.
Namaste, shanti, Darcy

stats from 7-14-10 to the present