Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tornado

My dream is one that I have had for many years until recently. I would dream that I was going to the beach and everytime I got there a tornado would come and I would run from building to builing and always end of in the same building. During this time I get seperate from my family and friends. After the tornado is over, my building is all torn apart but I am not injured. I then began to search for my family members and friends. I can never find them.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30 years NC

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Tornado

Hi Tracy,
Did this dream come at times of upheaval or change (leaving a job, ending a friendship/relationship, etc) where you felt stressed, a sense of loss and/or confusion? What recent change has occurred in waking life?

A beach can be the mid point, the place where conscious and unconscious meet. Bringing the unconscious to conscious in the dream. The may tornado represent the ‘external’ factor that effects this drastic change. And/or the turbulent emotions connected with the change. As the life event unfolds perhaps you attempt different rationalizations however the one you end with is always the same. Possibly during these times of great change you tend to go within, rely on self, separating from outer life. Once the change is complete, you have survived, the internal Self remains although the external aspect has changed. It was not as devastating as the conscious feared. You then work to reassemble your life although can not return to the past as the change has effected a newly different life. The old ways are no longer there and new ways must be discovered and utilized.

On a deeper level, the dream may also describe a need of inner Self development through change. The tornado possibly an emotional imbalance of the inner Self. The buildings could then represent the outer shell, the ego/persona. Trying on different masks yet you continued to return to the same. This separates or disconnects the ego from the inner aspects. It can not fully utilize those inner Self aspects due to learned reliance on external influences. The ego remains, but is disconnected from the internal aspects, the internal life. This could lead to an internal search within to reconnect to your inner Self, reconnect the internal aspects of Self.

What inner change has occurred recently? Have you sought to understand your Self and your place in the ‘world’ that has brought your inner aspects to consciousness? Or perhaps sought a more spiritual life?

Now...about projection. This interpretation could be a projection. I too had reocurring tornado dreams. I later came to know the dream was a precursor to change in external life, and internal Self. The unconscious perceived before the conscious coming events based on current events. The unconscious was able to read these situations, understood the coming external events and the effect to both external and inner Self. And attempted to communicate such although at those times, starting in my early teens, I was unable to decipher the message and grasp the unconscious communication. I only knew 'something bad was coming' as I would awake with an impending doom feeling. I would wait, in waking life, for the hammer to drop. Much later, in my thirties, I began to understand the message and became proactive in examining waking life and taking positive conscious action.

As always, dream interpretation may or may not be close. Without personal information about the dreamer’s life this interpretation may get an outline of a dream but not the specifics. Please respond with your thoughts both about the dream, interpretation and any additional information you wish to provide.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Kathy,
Thank you for the insight and taking the time to respond to my dream. I was going through a divorce during that time in my life, so that may explain part of the reason I was having that dream so often. I had been hurt by someone that I cared very deeply for and I was a little out of control. You hit the nail on the head!!!
Thanks

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30 years NC

Hi Tracy,
Thank you for your time and feedback. The emotional pain and confusion you were experiencing were apparent in the dream. While Jungian interpretation often leaves specifics unknowable without personal information about a dreamer it remains a reliable method for an outline of valid possibilities. Often times an outside perspective is valuable because it's sometimes difficult to 'see' though to our Self.

The end of a relationship can be a very difficult time. I wish you peace and light in your life.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

stats from 7-14-10 to the present