Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
numerology and numbers within dreams

hi there everyone,

do you think its possible there is a connection between numerolgy and the interpretation of numbers within dreams?
and are the two interconnected psychologically somehow?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 25 west sussex, uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Re: numerology and numbers within dreams

Hi flash,
I'm unfamiliar with numerology other than a most basic precept. With Jungian dream interpretation all symbols, including numbers, are important to the dreamer and interpretation.

A dreamers personal connection to a number in a dream can be quite different from the archetypical, or universal, meaning. Although both associations would apply as dreams function on several levels including personal and collective. For a person interested and/or learned in numerology, numbers could hold personal psychological meanings as those defined in numerology. Since everything a person 'knows' is contained in the unconscious this could form the psychological interconnection.

Just a few thoughts...

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

hi kathy,

thanks for your thoughts.im not entirely clued up on everything numerological and ive also only looked into it breifly.
i wasnt sure if all symbols were subjective for dream interpretation ,the other day i dreamt of "50 miles to reach a tower in the ocean" i have some thoughts on the other symbols but numbers became problematic.
my personal thoughts were that since 50 is half a century it is seen as a half way point, and things like balance, the meeting of 2, give and take sprung to mind as ideas of what the meaning of the number could be.in terms of numerology the interpretation to the number 50 i have read is that it is similar to the number 32,which is a blend of 14 and 23.

below quote taken from http://www.suite101.com/lesson.cfm/19170/2793/3

No. 14: It represents movement, combination of people and things, danger from natural elements such as fire, earth, air, water and ether. It is a very good number for dealing with money, speculation and changes in business but also carries some sort of risk or danger because of the actions of others.

No. 23: It represents success and help from others and protection from those in high positions.

from what was written it sounds very much like a theme of give and take between 2 people but also suggests potential dangers,which reinforces a feeling i had with the actual dream.
maybe the two schools of thought are connected?

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Hi Flash,

I think your question is interesting.

Jung was a student of the world's religions and traditions. He believed the dream was a portal to a higher spiritual dimension, a doorway to heaven....if you will.

In many of the world's ancient religious traditions, particulary the mystical ones, like the Jewish Cabbalah, and mystical Islam; Sufism....and other traditions I think...numbers have secret mystical meanings that symbolize so much more than what they are ...and the contemplation of them...the inner perception of their meaning can also be a portal. I haven't studies these systems in any depth, nor do I know enough about numberology, but this is the intuitive connection that came to mind....so maybe you can research it .....and see.....what these ancient religious traditons have to say about numbers...any links with numberology...

And do share the results with us..I'd be interested in knowing more myself. When I have numbers in my dreams I feel they have significance in and of themselves. I agree with Kathy that there are personal meanings as well as archetypal ones. I know my own associations with numbers, so I'm curious about the archetypal 'mystical' meanings......when I have dreams of numbers I get an uncanny sense that there is a lot more to it than am getting so your question was something I was wondering about myself.

Thanks!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Eternal/Dreamland

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Hi flash,
A dreamers personal association to symbols is most important in a personal level interpretation. Meaning a dreamer knows best what a symbol means to the dreamer. Many times mulling the dream over brings the inner sight to bear on the meaning.

50 in archetypical interpretation could be 5 (5+0=5) often meaning change. The process of deriving a single digit number through digit addition is a process used in both numerology and dream interpretation. Both numerology and dream interpretation are ‘ancient’ practices. The ancient's recognized all things are relational and interconnected. Please keep us posted on your research.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Re: Re: numerology and numbers within dreams

Hi Flash

It seems you are asking about the meaning of 50 in your dream.
As Kathy says 50 is the same as 5 - this is the number of human existance (% fingers, toes, senses; also the 'elements'.
To quote from Judith Harris, "Five is were four becomes reality; five it the number of natural man, not ideal man. ,,,, the connection betweent he divine and human world.
Five as the centre of the totality of four (if you have four corners the fifth point is in the centre). It is the centre of consciousness; the ego in the centre brings reality to the irrational four ,,,,

As Jung said: "Earth occupies the central positon as the fifthe element, ,,"

Good question
JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Brisbane Australia 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

hi justin,psyche and kathy,

thanks for all the comments and suggestions,
im going to research the subject further. it seems often in my dreams the numbers will be combined with measurements like distance and time.
cheers for the opinions on 50,its had me perplexed ever since i had the dream. ive been keeping a dream diary ,so i may go over the diary researching any numbers.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present