Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
snake eats a person

I was at a zoo peering into a habitat enclosure to see what was there. I suddenly saw that it was a huge snake aoubt 20 feet long who had an enormous bulge at it's middle--and I knew it had eaten a person. I turned to an individual behind me who had a camera to come to document this scene. Suddenly, a hippo lunged out of the water near the snake as though to "charge" us. I said to the cameraman, "It's ok, he can't reach us through this protective glass." Thanks! Eyes

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 52 Houston

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: snake eats a person

Eyes,
In your dream, what you are most likely peering into is an enclosure within your own psyche. The snake symbology is most likely something of a personal nature that only you can understand. To see what those possibilities are go to the Dream Dictionaries.

A zoo is where animals are caged. Perhaps some part of you has been 'caged', closed in for your protection {protected glass}. This caged aspect may have 'eaten' away at part of you. It may be some experience from your past that is caged within your unconscious, documented but placed away so not to have to confront it. But eventually these caged aspects become so large {hippo} that they will lung from the unconscious mind to conscious confrontation.

As for the snake. It could represent hidden fears. Freud saw the snake as a phallic symbol. In the East a snake is seen as a symbol of transformation. Look to the dictionaries to help you understand the possible meaning in your personal life.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thanks for your consideration of that dream.The thing that is bugging me is that I was reassuring the cameraman that we were safe from the snake...go figure! Thanks again!
Eyes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

I thought I was putting the smiley face on my post above...but selected the blue, nangry face...oops. Don't have the system figured out!

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Eyes,
The cameraman in your dream may be a reference to some protective aspect within you, the cameraMAN being a masculine aspect. Of course we need to understand the symbolic meaning of the snake to determine what masculine aspect that would be. Snakes are often symbols of transformation and at mid-life we go through a transformation. There may be a need to document within your unconscious a more forceful masculine attitude toward this transformation. Has aging caused any stresses for you? Flowing emotions is a feminine trait, and the masculine would involve more emotional fortitude.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present