Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
hanging excavator

Dream: the first image is of me touring a two-story house (to buy maybe, as there was another person with me?), it's an older home with the narrow winding staircases and lots of architectural details. I remember thinking it had a lot of potential and I liked it. The next image is outside the house looking at the sun shining through the trees into the garden...again a feeling that this was nice. The location was not great, as close to downtown. Went to a cafe, man sitting next to me was one of my references on my resume. He was talking to someone else and I remember feeling jealous (which is odd). We left the cafe, he and I, and he stopped to talk to some women grouped on the side of the road. I kept walking, it was evening and getting dark. I notice I have gloves on my hands, my companion catches up as I slip one glove off, then back on. We turn down an alley and notice an excavator (construction equipment) which had been working on the roof of a building had overbalanced and fallen. It was hanging suspended over the alley caught in electrical wires between the two buildings. As I reached to touch the wires, my companion yells "no". But I already had ahold of a wire. There was no electric shock, the wire was dead. My companion looked at me intensely and grabbed a wire as well. Also dead. The last image is of me being backed against a wall of the alley, his arms on either side of me, issuing a warning not to do that again. Feeling of being protected, not necessarily a welcome thing.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42 Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: hanging excavator

Sherri,
Houses are symbols for the dreamer. What this dream may be addressing are two aspects; the physical and the psychological. Perhaps a physical relation and the psychological effects from it. Being older {42} there will be a lot of architecture, the design of your life and the principles you have established and live by. There have been a lot of winding changes that have brought you to this point in your life. You are most likely satisfied with your life. You have cultivated your life with hard work and discipline and there is a lot of 'sunshine' because of the positive growth. Life in general is good for you. Not perfect but good.

What meaning does downtown have for you? This aspect is a negative in your life.

Enter the masculine. Your life's history includes this masculine aspect. It could be an actual male or an animus aspect, or both. Which ever it is there is apprehension with this aspect. You may be neglecting to give proper dialog with it, perhaps there is an inability or unwillingness to do so {gloves on hand}. You want/need to engage this aspect but there may still be more work to do before you are able to do so. You are suspended between other aspects that prevent a transmission with this masculine aspect. You may need be cautious in approaching, or perhaps confronting the masculine. But when you do it will bring about unwelcomed {at first} security.

There seems to have been some type negative confrontation with the masculine in your life that has yet to be resolved. It may be an unconscious process more so than conscious {it lies beneath the conscious day to day life but you give thought to it from time to time}. I would look at your past {the house is getting older and mid-life tends to present us with the past, reflections, unresolved issues}. It may be a past relationship. Or it could addressing be deeper issues. Or both. I think the prime focus of the dream is the first.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thank you for your interpretation! You were wondering what significance downtown had for me? Well, I must admit it brings to mind a concrete wind tunnel void of nature, all business...no fun.

As for the warning issued in the second half of the dream, it seemed quite important as I woke up with a start at that point but it wasn't specifically mentioned in your analysis. Is it part of the unfinished business in need of resolution? Or something else altogether?

Sherri

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42 Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Sherri,
The dream may be addressing the 'wall' you are up against, all business, no fun part of your life. This is what Joseph Campbell called the social dragon, having to live life according to the rules of society and not by those of the principles of your true nature. If you are unable to incorporate creativity and personal growth {away from materialism} into your life then the wall built up over a lifetime becomes overwhelming. Social duty is thought of as masculine, creativity and spirituality as feminine.

The last part of the dream could very well be a warning. Any thoughts of moving out of the realm and control of the social dragon {his arms on either side of me, issuing a warning not to do that again} could result in problems with paying the mortgage. And while the material world seems to protective, it is only a temporary thing. You are caught {as most Americans are} and the fear of moving away from the social duty are very strong within the subconscious and conscious mind. But the unconscious, the dream, wishes to provide balance in life. These thoughts of fighting the social dragon, lioving a life with less stress and responsibilities, this is the masculine aspect that has you wrapped up, 'his arms around you'.

Are there strong feelings of being caught up in your world of social duty with the desire to escape that controlling world? I believe you have answered part of that question. But what is it that you can do to take control of your life and live it the way you wish? Do you have any creative desires? Look to the feminine to help escape the social dragon.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present