Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Murder

I know this is two dreams - but they seem related.

In the first I was being stalked....and took refuge in a friends house. Wanseringa round the garden with my mobile friend the stalker called me. I threateded to kill him if he didn't leave me alone. He said OK ...like he was challenging me and then hung up as if he was comin over. I looked in the garden for somewhere to hide...by the time I decided where to hide I raelised the garage/toolshed light was on and he had already arrived. I was terrified.

In the next dream...I was sharing a house with some girlfriends. I murdered a man who had enetered the house (I can't remember why I murdered him - nor who he was.) A friend helped me bury him in the back yard. Then the police came to invesitagte - and knew that I had done it but were looking for eveidence. (I denied that I had done it.) The saw the dirt patch in the backyard and bought equiptment to dig it up. When I saw this I freaked because I knew that I would be caught...so I got the friend who helped me bury the body think up a reason for why I had to kill him. I told here to say he tried to rape me and I was defending myself.

What am I threatening to kill and then killing here? A part of myself? A fear?

Cheers
Anna

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Sydney - Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Murder

Anna,
Your dreams seem to addressing something that has been covered up, something that perhaps you wish not to remember or confront {murdered to get rid of it}. There may some guilt associated with this aspect {denying to police you did it}. What is stalking you may be the guilt, even though you are innocent of doing anything. Unconsciously you may have buried this experience abd want to forget it completely {kill it}.

Are there any past traumatic experiences that you can not acknowledge or confront? These things tend to 'stalk' a person until they are put in their proper place. Healing begins only when you confront it. Any guilt may be unfounded, a normal reaction to a traumatic situation where you are made to belief it was you fault when in fact it was not.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thanks G.

I'm not sure what the dreams pertain to. Perhaps my fathers death...that occurred when I was seven? That was my instinct about the dream. Or perhaps more recent attempts to deny certain pain or trauma.... Truly not sure.

Either way the dreams were disturbing. I am hoping for a follow up...cause I haven't fully grasped its meaning.

Cheers
Anna

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Anna,
If there have been recent instances of trauma or pain then the dream is probably addressing those experiences. The murdered man may be an attempt to eliminate a masculine aspect {strenght, facing up to something?} within your psyche. Since this aspect has been buried there must be some reason for it. The conscious mind will often try not to let you confront unconscious aspects because they are too painful. Dreams counter this conscious intent by presenting the unconscious aspects while you sleep, with the intent not only to inform you {in symbolic language} but also to help you work through the problem.

Your statement 'more recent attempts to deny certain pain or trauma'. Is that just an observation or has there been such an experinces in recent days?

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hmm...not sure I can cite a recent trauma - at least of great significance.

Only two things have troubled me of recent times...I am in love with a man who causes me some confusion and angst.... And I have recently pushed aside 12 years of academic study to "drop out" for a while... Not sure either of these represent trauma in the classical sense.

But my last lot of dreams did indicate (thanks to your analysis) some issue with a masculine aspect of myself...an attempt to integrate it. Do you think these dreams indicate a failure to integrate this aspect??

Cheers
Anna

Anna,
There is not a symbol from the dream that will often fit the 'classical sense'. It all depends upon the individual psyche and the experiences in life. Whereas a negative experince in one person's life may be a real trauma, another person may have little reaction to the same experience. What is a trauma for one person is merely a bad hair day for someone else.

While the dream may be addressing some of those aspects I have already mentioned, the prime focus may be on the 'trauma' of 'dropping out'. I don't know your age but would guess you are at mid-life {35-55}. To leave the social world of requirements to perhaps fulfill other 'inner' callings can be very traumatic. This 'leaving the known world' for an adventure where there are unknown dangers is the prime motif of the 'hero/heroine' path/adventure/journey of mythology. Of course the dream is trying to help you sort through the emotional issues, in a symbolic language. If this is a central issue in your waking life your dreams will be focusing on it also. But without the ego bias.

A note from the hero quest. It most often involves a spiritual and/or a creative aspect. Joseph Campbell provides clear insights to this 'pattern'. He and Jung also provide the psychological associations to the hero pattern, and the other patterns of ther archetypal images within our dreams.

Gerard

Thanks G.

I think you hit it...

I have dropped out in many senses...and the guy I am with is an adventure (of sorts) ....he is my absloute opposite in many respects...much younger, politically different, different values even, and so on.....quite irrational...which means he represents everything else I repressed for most of my adult life...

Always helpful....cheers
Anna

stats from 7-14-10 to the present