Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
speed of the land

When consider posting.., Im usually thinking of dreams Ive already had, but I had one last nite. Sometimes I can't explain the feeling, so the posting is long.., or the dream is long.. so pardon in advance.
I had a dream I was in a group.., outside.., kind of a study group. It was kind of related to geology., or the spirit of geology. Someone I know (in real life) was the leader, or teacher, her name is Nisha. There was some kind of tiny contraption coming out of the earth blowing bubbles. I was guessing.., and said to Nisha "It's soap?" she said "No.. it's air."- I watched & said again "Is it soap?" She was kind of giving a lesson.. she said "No.. It's... air..." I think I was fixaded? on this thing. The communication from the earth that was manifesting.., and showing up as bubbles of air, was.. saying something. The earth said something.. to.. the people that occupied that.. area.. that particular area of earth. That area was here.., the US of America..,, North America. It was saying something that the pace of this land was a certain pace, a certain kind of energy, speed.., and that.. we.. were not keeping up with it. The energy was kind of strong, and innovative. It was a breakthrough energy, an inspire energy, a force.., unique to this place.. this part of earth, coming up.. out of the ground.., in this ground.., part of this ground.., and.. we.. were not able to keep the speed of what this area naturally projects. We were off the timing. Altho, it really wasn't the same kind of "speed" (just being fast) that we actually project with blind aimlessness (on this land)- it was different (tho we did seem to be too slow for whatever this speed in the earth was)- it was different. And our speed & aimlessness was one reason we were off (not the only one.., just a manifestation showing how we were off)- This next particular image wasn't in the dream, but the feeling was almost like.. a wheel from a type of engine.., with teeth on it, and when the other wheels connect & align.., the power projected has a lot of.. power, potential, momentum, influence. The dream felt like.. the powerful wheel with the teeth, is there turning, with all this massive potential energy.., but we are off the timing of the teeth.. we are going at a different speed.., and it is just sitting there.., waisted.., but .. it is there. We are off the beat of it. We think we are doing so much, but we're not even connected with it. We're hardly using the "spirit" of this land. Because it goes on one pace, beat, and timing. And one thing is..,we never respected the beat of this land. Many immigrated from other lands, with their own beat.., and just applied it here., and blew off the one already here.., without even acknowledging there was even anything to align to-
Well.. the feeling of the dream was that there is..(something to align with)- and that we.. are off it.., and the energy,& potential specifically unique to this land is great, awesome, to an extent.., innovative. Also.. the feeling I got was .. in spite of us being aware/unaware.., we still have been influenced, even if we may not know it has to do with the land. And people born here- probably have a more., even subconscious feeling of it.

Sorry so long =) I had this dream this morning.. July 4th.., actually.. I didnt put that together till I was writing =) Happy 4th!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 ny

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: speed of the land

nancy,
If it were not a dream I would suggest you visit my post An Inconvenient Truth and the followup post. Al Gore's presentation of facts about the earth and global warming seems similar to some of the symbolism in your dream. Such a dream would not be out of place if you believe {like myself} that the connection to the universal psyche and human psyche are real. There is no separation of man and nature, nature and God, God and man. Jung's archetypes are the dream's universal language.

Is there some type of transformation occurring in your life at present? Air and earth, the feminine teacher, spirit of geology {spirit of the body}, even soap {a cleansing agent} can be symbols of realizations of the higher aspect. It could relate to spiritual matters {very often}, creativity or personal achievements of aspirations in your waking ego life {or a combination, very likely}. It could also point to deeper personal emotions toward someone.

If indeed there is a process of change in your life, it is probably, or if not should, proceed at a deliberate pace, with the desire in all aspects of life of finding balance and harmony. The prime intent of Jung's approach, with the dream being a source in the discovery, is to discover that inner source that ultimately is the catalyst to our highest realizations and achievements. Whereas when that inner Self is recognized and utilized one finds that the social world is out of sync with nature and what should be the true human nature.

Perhaps the timing in your quest of higher realizations and the time required from the ego self are out of sync. This is so common in today's world. One finally discovers that metaphysical aspect {creative/spiritual} and society prevents the implementation of our greatest desire. This is what Joseph Campbell called the social dragon and is prevent in most hero/heroine myths.

Since the 4th of July is on all our minds the fact that society is in such dissaray may be a stimulus for your dream. But it also will be addressing personal aspects of your life as well. Two interpretations to every dream, the rule of thumb, personal and universal.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thanks Gerard,
I really appreciate your thoughts. At a later time.., I would like to check out that "link"- It's fairly late here on the 4th.., and I need to be an early bird tomorrow.
I liked how you linked the dream.., personal.., and universal. Often some insight that may come through a dream.., feels.. universal.., like "do people realize this?"< that sort of sensation.. as.. Im dreaming.., but simultaneously.., I realize I am only feeling it.., or realizing it.., through the dream.., and that.. I did not realize it either (personally)- except for the dream revealing it.
On another angle.., or whatnot..
It's hard to explain.., but.. often a transformation reflect or feel personally.., is mixed in with the universal. And sometimes these dreams are like that. I feel a change in my heart.., but in there.. I feel a change or awareness for the whole world.., or somethin.
Then of course I get caught up in tangly personal viewpoints.., which feel much smaller.., and insignificant.., except the importance at the moment feels large.., until I have distance from it. Something like that has recently happened.., and I feel like Im coming back to myself.., which is more expanding thinking.., and that feels at home.. and a relief. Anyways.., Im not sure what Im saying.., but I really appreciate all ideas & time to express them, and stuff.. thank you =)
-Nancy

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

PS..
I do believe there is no seperation..
even to the extent ( I peeked at that post you had. I need to see both movies. Here's sometime's the wierd thing.. Sometimes information is out there.. I am behind on actually "seeing it, reading it" whatnot.., and yet.. somehow I experience some of the information anyway. Like your post was ways I have felt.. tho I havent read a bunch on those particular things.
K =) Now Im babblin..
Night all

Part of that last post was missing..
I do believe there is no seperation.. Like an umbilical chord we are connected to the earth (and we really are)- body.., mind.., and more deeply.., and probably first and foremost.. spiritually. Like a seed that belief.. and awareness grows. Part of that ability has actually been through a few significant dreams Ive had. One I was actually a redwood tree. That was a long time ago.., and sometime I would like to post it in a better way. K.. that's all =)

stats from 7-14-10 to the present