Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
parts of human body

I was cleaning a piece of meat for food. It supposed to be a leg of sheep or something like that but when I paid more attention, i found that it was very similar to the human's limb; it was like a male leg with hairs on it. I was suspicious, but not sure about what I was seeing in my dream. No body in that place thought that it was a human limb. I just tried to finish my job as fast as possible because it was weird and offensive.
I have bad feeling about my dream, I don’t know what it mean if one sees in a dream that people eating parts of human body or something like that, several years before I had a dreadful dream in which I saw a group of people eating weak or elderly persons, it was terrible. But this time it upsets me that despite the fact that I knew it was weird, I tried to finish chopping it. For your information I didn’t see any horror movie recently! please let me know what you think about this!
many thanks

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29-Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: parts of human body

Hi Reyhane,

The unconscious uses symbols in a metaphoric language to communicate to the conscious. Information contained in the unconscious is not known or fully recognized/understood by the conscious. Symbols have highly personal meaning and archetypical or universal meaning. Universally, there are several possible meanings. I looked at your prior post and noted you are examining your religious beliefs. Perhaps the foundation of those beliefs are being questioned and challenged. Are you exploring the nature of ‘man’ in relation to God? That the limb was a sheep (the lamb, the God as man symbolism) yet was human…suspicious of this aspect of the religious tenent. As you work to dismantle the learned tenents, perhaps feeling the ‘guilt’ complex possibly invoked by the learned religious doctrine?

About past dreams of eating the human body...perhaps this is symbolic of self knowledge. Just as in Catholicism eating the wafer is symbolic of taking Christ into oneself...

In some cannabalistic rituals, eating human flesh is a right of passage to adulthood. It is symbolic knowledge of the cycle of life, that life lives on death.

Just some thoughts…Please let us know your thoughts. respond with your thoughts.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Hi Kathy,
This is true that I have been challenging with my religious beliefs since long ago, it started when I began to think about God, it is a log long story, it really affected my life, even somehow maybe changed it, I should admit that it is really matter in my life despite the fact that now I know that human is himself the whole and if I want to get the answer of my many questions I should refer to my self. Last time when I got answer of Gerald for my dreams, it was like a spark in me!! Again I connected to Jung! It seems that whenever in my life I become desperate of all other way of finding the truth, he comes to my life! So dreams can be the real source to refer, to know your self. it is amazing!!
Kathy as you said, unconscious speaks in symbolic language with us, and sheep or lamb is symbol of human in Christianity, but my background is not Christian, in this case, does still 'a dead leg of man' point to the aspects of religious tenets? If it does so, dismantling the limb means I am trying to get ride of my religious beliefs? It is sort of disapproving? What is its message? Still I cant get it?
Thanks so much for you help,
cheers,
reyhane

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Reyhane,
That you mentioned in a prior post a current focus/examination of religious beliefs is the source of religious beliefs in the interpretation. Meaning is for the dreamer to decide. Personal symbolism is greatly influenced by a person past and present life experience and environment, including family, culture and cultural history, religion, profession, etc. Professional Jungian analytic psychology, which this is not!, requires an extensive personal history of the individual and still relies much on the dreamers associations to define personal symbols.

Dream interpretation we provide here is an ‘outline’ of universal possibilities to open up thinking in to areas the dreamer may not have considered so the dreamer can determine the dream meaning. It does not allow definition of specific personal symbolism. It is a way to assist dreamers in a dreamers own Self work/therapy.

In the dream conflict is obvious. Universal symbolism would likely interpret this dream as:
A desire to cleanse or make ready a usual source of nourishment (provided you are not a vegan or vegetarian). Leg can symbolize support, movement, action, facts, high price, etc. This changes upon close examination to something taboo (preparing human flesh for consumption by humans, cannibalism), “savage” or unrefined and of male origination. Your inner Self questions, is suspicious, yet society (the others in the dream) deny the true nature of this nourishment and your questioning. Possible you bend to social duty (do your job) by outwardly joining in denying this type of ‘nourishment’ is unnatural or of untrue nature. Yet the inner Self sees the truth which results in feeling weird and offended.

Examine the days preceding the dream for events where you were unsure, suspicious, felt weird or offended, or observed another person experiencing these. And/or where outwardly you, or someone else, felt social pressure to not speak true thoughts. This will provide good clues to the personal symbolism. Once you identify the situation or event, then you can begin to decipher the specific meaning and work to resolve the conflict.

Hopefully this helps you move a step closer to determining meaning in the dream. It helps to mull a dream over and over to get at the meaning. Please feel free to respond with your thoughts.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Hi Kathy,
After reading your last message about my dreams and thinking about my previous dreams symbols, I think I got close to its meaning. The leg was sort of spiritual nourishment which I was looking for but its nature was wrong! Obviously I accepted some idea or did something against my nature or inner self, it seems to me that it must have been of importance that came to the dream,
Unfortunately I can't remember what happened during that time, but I feel much better because partly can understand it. You wrote about personal symbols, maybe by writing my dreams down, I could understand them better.
Thank so much for your help,
cheers,
Reyhane

Hi Reyhane,
Again, thank you for your feedback. For several reasons recording dreams can be helpful. First, it allows in depth examination for interpretation. Second, unconscious knowledge is revealed to the conscious in layers. As the Psyche develops, when the conscious is prepared for more knowledge, this additional knowledge is gleened from past dreams. Third, it greatly aids in identifying repeating psychological patterns, both positive and negative, and the path a person journeys.

From Pathways to Bliss by Joseph Campbell:
"...as you look back over your life, it can seem to have had a plot, as though composed by a novelist. Events that seemed entirely accidental or incidental turn out to have been central in the composition."

"...just like our dreams, our lives are directed by what he called the will, that self of which we are largely unconscious. We have been, he says, dreamers of our own lives, like Visnu on his seven-headed serpent."

When I review my dream journal I find exactly that unconscious direction of the conscious life. And make connections that in all likelihood would not have been made.

Examining religious beliefs and creating a personal spirituality is a catalyst to deeper understanding of Self and the whole. You will find you way, with detours along that path of course, but when you look back, you will see the 'novel' and understand both the path and the detours.

Many thanks,
Kathy

stats from 7-14-10 to the present