Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
worried

All I can remember from my dream is being in a medi-eval type room there was a long table with numerous chairs around it. At one end of the room was a large open fireplace, above the fireplace were what seemed to be some sort of flag on a spear or pole, these had on them a cost of arms (lions and trumpets) I think! I had entered the room with someone else, but do not know who, I think they were male. On a reading stand at the other end of the room was a book. I rushed over and opened the book and on the pages were two pictures one of a lion and one of a pentagram in a circle, both were gold in colour. I turned toward the big table and said to whoever was with me " we need to decipher these symbolos. this is a pentagram look I am wearing one for protection". I looked at the book and managed to read 10%. Then as though some force had grabbed me I was completely paralysed I was struggling to move and desperatly trying to scream, but I could not see what was holding me there, It was invisible. I awoke screaming as I had managed to force a scream, I was absolutley frozen and was covered in goose bumps. I had woken my husband and he was just as petrified as I.normally when I awake from nightmares I am sweating and my heart is racing, this however was the opposite. Only now writing this my heart is beating very fast. I cannot remember what happened in the dream before I entered this room but can recall there was something. A freind has said when I told her this morning that it sounded like black witchcraft. the time I awoke screaming was 4.15am. and could not go back to sleep. Any help in translation would be much appreciated.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36, Berkshire

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: worried

Hi Jules,
You may have experienced a Sleep Paralysis episode.
A link to a very informative site on Sleep Paralysis follows:
Sleep Paralysis Page

Some thoughts follow...
Perhaps there is something, internal or external, dominating you/life at the moment that you desire or requires cleansing. (fire-cleansing, lion-king or dominant, trumpets-announcing as in communication)
Knowledge (book) of some conflict (2). The color gold could have several symbolic meanings. Check the MDS dream dictionary for possibilities. It could simply reinforce importance and value of the symbols. A pentagram in a circle could be restraining change (5 points of the pentagram may be change, constrained by the cirecle), not permitting or allowing for change, although necessary as it would lead to positive development. (Circle being completing a cycle. although, as one cycle completes another begins.) The force may be that unconscious knowledge of the cycle ending, causing fear. Then ending with an SP episode.

Look to the days preceeding the dream for any events this may relate. Have you experienced some conflict, internal or external, that may be surfacing in your dreams?

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

HI Kathy

thanks for your reply and thoughts about my dream.
I believe you may be right about the S P. I have a feeling this is what happened. Its not the first time, but I must say it was most definately the most frightening. I felt that I had to move or scresm or I may never come back. When I awoke I had the strangest feeling that someone was in the house.
I think the conflict comes from my wish to move home to a safer environment, but worried about moving my daughter to a different school as she is above expectations for her year and doesn't want to change schools.
My son has just been diagnosed with ADHD. I think this may be the cause of the invisible force holding me, I have had to put a lot of my ambitions, desires and life on hold to ensure my son has the care and quality of life that he needs and deserves.
I forgot to mention in my dream that when the force grabbed me from behind , my only thoughts were, Ican't go I need to protect my son. I feel it was this that gave me the strength to scream as I awoke!

Thanks for the link. I intend to continue researching S P, as I mentioned earlier, this was not the first time and when these episodes happen they take some time to recover from.

Kind Regards

Jules

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 central OH

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Hi Kathy.

Sorry got confused (that's not hard for me) I thought I had to put your details in to post a reply. but I have now got the gist of it.

THanks again,
Jules

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36, Berkshire

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

stats from 7-14-10 to the present