Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
how should i feel?

My favorite friend Amanda and I were swimming in the middle of the ocean. It was aqua colored like the water in cruise commercials. There were islands off in the distance and there were palm trees on them and the sky was suset colored. The sky above us was bright blue with clouds in them though. I remember Amanda and I bickering over something I wanted to do. She kept telling me not to but I kept getting frusterated. We were how we appeared in real life but somehow we looked like the horse toys I used to play with when I was little. I kept going underwater and looking up throught the surface and seeing amanda. Something fell from the sky and I went down to get it in the water. In the sand at the bottom there was a light on the ground and I dug my hands through the sand and I found small red and white bead-like balls. I think the white ones represented the pearl jewelry Amanda always wears and the red ones might have represented blood. There was also red shiny confetti in block letters that said killer.This confetti was the same type at my other friend's sister's graduation party but it spelled out 2006 instead. I bought some of it up to show Amanda but she couldn't see it. I dove back down and got mre to show her and this time she saw it but shook her head and we bickered some more. I don't know wheter I wanted to kill someone or kill myself. She didn't want me to kill whatever it was though. I remember things fading and it was turning to dusk. I was exhausted and Amanda put me on her back in the water and I wrapped my legs around her stomach and my arms around her neck and my head against her fuzzy hair. She swam me towards one of the distant islands and on the way I laid my head on her neck and i might have fallen asleep. Someone else was with us on the way back and it annoyed me. Amanda kept comforting me. We reached the island which turned out to be a tropical half sunken version of my backyard and the person with us had to go. I don't know if Amanda was happy or sad but I was relieved. She slipped me off her back and we made our way out of the muddy banks onto the land, my backyard, towards my house. Then i woke up next to Amanda.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 14 New York

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: how should i feel?

Natalie,
I will give an interpretation of your dreams later today. Sorry for the delay.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Natalie,
Your dream sounds so pretty, I enjoyed reading about it. I hope you don't mind my commenting on it. The red and aqua colors are vivid, sparkling, and opposites, since red=warm/ close /exciting and aqua=cool /distant /relaxing. The ocean sounds very nice, like the collective unconcious. You seemed like you were very comfortable swimming around in the ocean. Your best friend sounds like some part of yourself, that doesn't want to see or acknowledge some new information that you have. Finding the word 'killer' is interesting! If you are a killer in your dream, it sounds like you want to take charge of ending or 'killing' something. It sounds like you might be trying to change something in your life. Your description sounds like you found the dream interesting, not frightening.

I once had a dream of swimming in a lake with a friend who was hanging on to me and refused to swim. We were both sinking. So in a later dream I got in a rowboat and left him there, to sink or swim as he chose. In my next dream, I was sitting in a luxurious heated pool, alone but watching other people, and happy. If your dream repeats and changes, I'd really like to hear about it! Do you want your friend to behave differently? Have you had other dreams like this?

Your description was good!
Thanks for sharing.
P.T.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56; Plymouth, MI

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Woman

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? not before this one!

Rachel,
Swimming in the middle of the ocean makes me believe you are swimming in the deeper aspects of your unconscious {which could be positive or negative}. The islands may be different aspects of your psyche. Your best friend {qualities about her that you identify with} seems to be a real focus of the dream and may involve deeper emotions about yourself or even perhaps the relationship with Amanda. The more I look at the dream the more involved Amanda seems to be in your life. Are there feelings of guilt about the reltaionship? You are overall probably happy but again there may be guilt associated with that happiness. It may be more of a 'thinking' aspect that produces the guilt feelings but in real life it hasn't yet been a problem.
Look at your relationship with Amanda and try to determine what aspects are in question, if any. I believe the dream is addressing these.

As for how you such feel. It if fits who you really are then wear it and do not be ashamed.

Also Pt brings up some good points. If there are not any guilt associated with the real Amanda then the dream indeed be addressing some deeper aspects of how you feel about yourself. It could very well be addressing both.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present