Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
unwell

Hi I had this dream I would like some help with.
I dreamt I was at work where I currently am in during my waking life. Suddenly my face was all in these red spots, almost like chicken pox, resembling pimples.
I remember understanding but I don't know why that these spots appeared as my face turned hot. They also stung and I remember feeling uncomfortable.
They later disappeared not sure after what time, but feeling my face turn warm again I remember one spot reappearing.
Some of my feelings about this dream: feeling uncomfortable is the obvious one, my fears coming to the surface, my weakness being shown on my face which is my feeling in my waking life. Also in the last week or so in my waking life I was feeling really bad at one point and I turned up to work upset and crying. I haven't thought about that situation for a while now, but is my unconscious still grappling with it? Or is it something else, I feel there may be something else about this dream?

Also: I had a dream the night before the above, my dad driving a white old van, I am sitting inside with my older brother, and my dad is driving to the local indoor pool. I remember the area around the indoor pool deserted, bare earth, or maybe concrete. The sky above, with dark clouds, as if a storm was to pass by.
We got inside the indoor pool centre, my mum was there, I don't know why she wasn't with us in the car, anyway there were lots of people inside, and I thought that maybe we should leave because there really was no room to swim. But my family decided otherwise, and we changed into bathers.

My feelings about this dream, feelings of being restricted somewhow, in my waking life I love swimming and I dream a lot about swimming in the pool, i feel good after these dreams. Yet this one involves my family, and the dark clouds in the sky signify something dark and complicated?

any ideas would be really appreciated,
thanks
Magdalena

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 Melbourne Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: unwell

Magdalena,
I believe Kathy has taken time in the past to help with your dreams. I will await her response to this dream since she has an awareness of your past posts and some idea about your life.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Magdalena,
Thank you for including your thoughts and feelings about your dreams in the post. From your post you appear to have good understanding of your dreams.

The first dream:
Perhaps exposing your inner feelings to coworkers, along with the inner turmoil itself, may have been a painful experience leaving you feeling embarrassed about the event. (face red, hot -‘blushing’ and stinging) The heat may also be related to anger or another emotion. Examine your emotions both waking while upset and crying, and during the dream. Do they correspond? Also, in the dream the reoccurrence may signal the issue remains in the unconscious, unresolved. While consciously you may not think about it, the issue may lie in wait to return another time. Additionally, your conscious perception of how others perceived the event may in fact be exaggerated. Perhaps you believe others viewed this as an enormous display of emotion however it was actually small. Sometimes conscious ego can exaggerate or distort perception making something small seem larger than it really is.

The something else about the dream…is there an issue at work that collectively affects the group? Something newly surfaced, (a change in policy, sop, regulation…) that perhaps you understand however coworkers do not. If so, perhaps this external influence threatens to ‘infect’ you, too.

The second dream of restriction and family…I believe you have the premise of the dream in your original post. It’s just needs sorting out of the specifics. Some thoughts follow that may help stimulate your thoughts to the dream meaning…

With father and brother, going along with or allowing them to direct your life or a specific situation, not taking charge of your life and it’s direction(an external attitude of others or actual)…unproductive, sterile…conflict brewing or something needing release... Mother is at the center…Movement is restricted from the inside…externally going along with the family decision rather than following what internally feels right for you…

Perhaps this will assist you in further understanding the dreams. Please respond with your thoughts.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Is there something which is upsetting u at work?
Are u being bullied at work?
Are you happy in your job?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 herts

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Thanks Kathy,
Yes I was feeling embarrassed about the event, because
I feel not exposing your feelings in the current society
is the norm. Again it weakens me emotionally and spiritually.
Yes I suppose I am scared of feeling the same way again, or showing my emotions at work. But since then I really haven't thought about it, so I am surprised the dream was about that situation.
Otherwise I am very happy at work, people are great and friendly, the way they responded was very caring, asking how I feel etc.
My emotions while waking: sadness, hurt, struggle.
Emotions in the dream, pain from the spots, stinging in the face, uncomfortable, more recurring as physical discomfort, not sure what else.

The second dream: As already said feeling restricted, emotionally. The only solution moving out of home?
Which won't happen this or second year, the need to be living alone, independent.

Thanks again Kathy,
take care
Magdalena

Hi Magdalena,

One aspect of dreams is they can offer solutions to the very issues they bring to consciousness.

I have found through personal experience by keeping the goal in mind AND being receptive to change, being open to possibilities, activates an unconscious process of creative solutions. The affect to waking state is it can open the intuitive sense, allowing intuitive to recognize options/opportunities the conscious would not recognize thus not be capable to utilize or act upon. In the sleep/dream state the effect is that of breaking through conscious imposed limitation to unconscious creativity which works in a free form arena.

just a few thoughts...

Kind regards,
Kathy

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Kathy,
thanks, just to clarify what you said.
Are you saying that unless I will feel ready for change then my dreams will lead me to new possibilities?
Could you clarify.
thanks
Magdalena

Hi Magdalena,
Our dreams do lead us to new possibilities whether we‘re consciously ready for change or not. Through dreams the unconscious will identify, analyze and present the ‘unconscious’ content and many times also provide the solution. The Psyche presents what a person is ready for and needs to address. The Psyche is ready but conscious is unaware an issue even exists. Once brought to consciousness whether or not a person chooses to address is their decision to make.

While future dreams can bring new or additional knowledge to consciousness, conscious itself can begin to play a positive part in achieving the balance. Being mindful creates a change in conscious perception. Without this knowledge the conscious filters out or doesn’t recognize something because it doesn’t perceive a need.

For example, a person buys a new car. They then begin to notice the same model car, at the grocer, work, park, while driving, etc. They didn’t notice so many of model car before. Because of the attention given to this model car, now in the conscious, the conscious notices all the other model cars just like it. They attract conscious attention. Those same cars were there before, the conscious had no interest so was inattentive.

So to clarify, being conscious of the issue AND committing to resolving the issue toward balance will eventually lead to the solution.

Kind regards,
Kathy

stats from 7-14-10 to the present