Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
death chasing

Hi

I had a dream where I was in a house Not a familiar one in reality) examining the top half of a male corpse on the floor of the loungeroom. This corpse was seemingly empty however, there was no blood or flesh just merely the form of a person with skin. It was not decomposed at all. The inside of his mouth was the same colour as his skin and was huge. the Septum of his nostril fell out at one stage when i was looking at it. Next i realised that my mother and elder sister were with me in the house. I was no longer examining the corpse but standing in the doorway when i saw the head of the corpse move. I was asking my mum and sister if they had seen it move and they could not see the corpse at all. It moved again and smiled at me at which point it turned into a whole body and my mother and sister could see it at this stage. The body, (I was still aware that it was dead) started to get up and i had an awful sensation of fear at this point. The body was sinister and had an evil smile as it started to come at me with a pair of green handled scissors. I was backing up the hallway with my mother behind me and she was shouting at the body for it to leave me alone. my sister was freaking out behind the corpse. we reached the front door where the corpse then ran outside onto the front lawn and tried to electrocute himself with a broken powerline. he fell to the ground and my sister who was on all fours in the front door said we should just leave him and lock all the doors and windows. we all ran back into the house and raced around trying to get the windows locked. it was a terrifying race against time. i was going to lock the last window in my mothers room but when i got near i realised he was at the window already and had is arms inside. at this point he asked 'is penelope here?'. the dream then skipped to another day in the afternoon where i was walking home past a busy shopping district and sitting on a bus stop was the same man from the night. he said to me 'it's time to get f*@!*d up' but didn't move just smiled with the same evil smile. i tried to ignore him but could feel panic in my chest. this is where i woke up with the same feeling of panic. please help me make sense of this dream. I have been having nightly nightmares that i can not rememberby the afternoon of the next day but this one has really stuck and is making me nervous to go to sleep for fear of a repeat.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30. Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: death chasing

Hi, this must have been a very frightening dream for you, but you must be brave and face it, as it is akin to facing your own fears. The figure whatever it was corpse, zombie, monster whatever, is part of your shadow figure. It is so scary at the moment, because of your (up to now) denial and fear of looking straight at it. Your mother and sister in the dream, represent others close to you that you are afraid of showing your 'shadow self' to. The fact that this thing tried to run out of the house (houses represent yourself, the person dreaming, usually)and tried to electrocute itself shows the agony and opression that this side of yourself is suffering and the fact that seems 'evil' is the projection of your fear, denial and blocking onto it, justifying you 'running away' from it and objectifying it as a monster, rather than part of you that once acknowledge will intergrate and not be this 'evil monster'

If you happen to have a similiar dream again, stand your ground and ask the figure what it wants and what has made it like this.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 herts

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Hi Penelope,
Frequent nightmares can indicate serious imbalance in the Self. Some deep conflict or issue that resides within. A link to the MDS page on a href="http://mythsdreamssymbols.com/nightmares.html" target="_blank">Myths-Dreams-Symbols page on Nightmares

Clair makes some good points. In addition some thoughts on your dream follow. The house could represent you, the whole of the Self. Perhaps you’re experiencing an issue of lacking inner strength (male upper body), and/or inner substance (skin only). Possibly some restraints, imposed either by self limitations or externally imposed upon you, resulting in dark emotion state or depression. Possibly undergoing this for some time yet you retain a modicum of internal joy or happiness. The feminine aspects may have been uninvolved but now recognize this is systemic, throughout the Self. The fear is a real emotion you experience when facing, or consider facing, the issue. Removing the source offers personal growth and or healing (green handled scissors). Fear prevents moving forward. Perhaps you unconsciously desire protection rather than addressing and resolving the issue. Possible dualism of meaning for electrocution: death to the old; stimulating or energizing. The shadow (sister) aspect engages in animal instinct rather than application of rational intellect which results in blocking progress, repression rather than conscious examination. Reaching for an opportunity to resolve this issue. Perhaps desiring or needing assistance (bus stop) to resolve the issue as the fear and panic may be too much to work through alone.

Please respond with your thoughts on the dream and response. And perhaps consider seeking professional therapy to both identify the issue and work to resolve it. If these nightmares are frequent and disrupting your waking life they could indicate a more serious issue than can be properly addressed through Self work, and the Forum.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

thankyou both for your interpretations and advice i am processing it all now and will post a more well though response shortly.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30. Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

I agree with Kathy and she makes several detail points that I couldn't identify - ie the green scissors - I had no idea how to interprete that.
It seems to make a lot of sense.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present