Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
airport confusion

I rarely remember my dreams anymore, but one last night was very clear:

I am in a large room (looks like some kind of waiting room)full of people. Some of them I know from work, some of them I do not know at all. Work is being discussed. A young woman leans over and tells me privately that she has talked to my boss about giving her the new job that has already been promised to me. Before I can say anything, several men enter the room, which has apparently been an airport waiting room, because they tell me (no one else) that I am about to miss my flight. They have my ticket and my luggage with them. I stand up to follow them, and I am not completely dressed. I am trying to put on socks and shoes, and buttoning my shirt. I am very disorganized. The group of men and I rush out of the room and start running for the plane. I get to the gate and see the plane still there, but I wake up before I know if I get on.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 53, TN

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: airport confusion

Peggy,
The first question I would ask {if we were in conversation} would be 'is there such an incident about your job and issues surrounding it'? If so your dream would probably be addressing those issues.

The dream may be addressing expected/desired changes in your life, perhaps changes that are more suited for a younger person {you} more so than someone who is in mid-life {40}. You may think you are prepared for such changes, and may have worked to prepare yourself, but there is that fear of not ready to take flight. You may be faced with having to compete in a man's world. Not being fully dressed may mean you are afraid to expose true feelings {to others, or perhaps yourself}. You may feel disorgamized in a man's environment. But dispite these fears the plane has not yet left and there may still time to get things organized.

Does this fit somewhere in your life? It doesn't have to specifically to do with work.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: airport confusion

Well, yes, it is so close to a situation at work that I could really take it literally. I was hoping, I guess, for a deeper hidden meaning about the plane - meaning why I don't know if I get on or not. Is the dream just acknowledging my confusion, or is it telling me not to get on? Like it's a warning?

I know there is a lot I don't feel free to express at work because I have been working in a man's world all my life and have always tried to be aggressive because that is what is valued. But I am actually very introverted, and therefore uncomfortable with most things I have been socialized to act like. I am only just recently realizing the toll that has taken, especially with the damage that has been done to my intuition. The books I have been reading about this quote Jung a lot.

I have been offered yet another job I need but do not want (i.e., should I get on the plane?), or, is it just time to quit trying here, sell my house, and start over someplace else?

Thanks so much, again, for the feedback.

Peggy

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

Re: airport confusion

Peggy,
The dream may be addressing both the situation at work involving the masculine atmosphere you have to endure, plus the deeper aspects you are considering associated with life changes and desires. You are at that age of real introspection associated with mid-life. Jung's approach to dreams involved personal investigation of one's life with the desire to find true balance and harmony. His conclusion is that the balance and harmony most seek is found in the creative/spiritual aspects. These issues come up at mid-life. You either do as you are expected {your work environment} or discover within yourself that thing you really live doing, creatively. Joseph Campbell called this 'following your bliss'. To get some understanding as to how this 'bliss' comes about I suggest you read my page Myths and there Modern World. This is from Joseph Campbell's 'Power of Myth' series and book that explains not only the path of the hero/heroine that can be found within our individual psyche but also provides an understanding of the associations of myth to dream.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: airport confusion

I went to the link you referenced, and printed the pages to read tonight.

Thank you.

Peggy

stats from 7-14-10 to the present