Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
body part

Hi,

Perhaps you could help me with this one Kathy.
After feeling a bit emotional and dealing with emotional issues, and talking things over with my boyfriend...having some family communication problems, one of the dreams that I remember is of a body part of my boyfriend. I know the dream was longer than I can remember, but I remember sitting on a bed, white linen, with my boyfriend's penis next to me. I remember holding it, I don't remember feeling shocked or anything like that.
What do you think? I looked at the dream dictionary but felt confused, about whether the body part was only highlighted in a dream or was cut, missing from the rest of the body - is it the same meaning?
thanks
M

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 Melbourne Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: body part

Hi Magdalena,

Perhaps the dream directs a need to find an internal balance of feminine and masculine. Emotions are a feminine aspect. Perhaps the unusual emotional period produced an overly dominant feminine to the exclusion of masculine aspect/trait. The dream may indicate a need to reintegrate this lacking masculine aspect. (bed being that which connects; white linen as threads woven together, the Self; penis the masculine energy)

On another note, perhaps a second meaning within this dream describes the inner desire to marry remains with you, imbedded within. If I recall correctly prior discussions revealed your partner requires more time to devote to other areas right now, and possibly you too. That he desires marriage but believes it better to wait for the proper time.

Small details can affect the meaning of a symbol in a detailed interpretation. But we usually don’t recall all the details so starting with some generality usually gets a dreamers thoughts moving in a direction that makes sense to them. And if something is missed or overlooked it’s not lost forever, it usually reappears in a future dream.

Based on the dream the above general interpretations may be relevant. If the body part was attached, detached…it may affect the interpretation, dependent on that and possibly other factors like left or right hand, flaccid or erect, etc.

Hope this helps. Please let us know your thoughts.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Thanks Kathy,

Yes I think I was having too many feminine traits.
I don't know too much about masculine and feminine literature, but why is it that feminine are seen as not having the trait i.e to be strong?
Could it be that I was turning to my boyfiend for emotional comfort, I think that was what I was feeling.
It was detached and erect. By being detached is it signifying more strongly to me the symbol of strenght?
Yes the feeling for marriage is there, but perhaps more strongly, the feeling to live together, perhaps more strongly for me in terms of dealing with the wait, we both agree that now is not a great time, and a better time will come after my studies.
Could the dream signify anything about my boyfriend?
thanks
Magdalena

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 Melbourne Australia

Hi Magdalena,
Thank you for providing such detailed feedback and information. You have uncovered the essence of the unconscious message. An interpretation is best determined by the dreamer on examination and you have done this.

A good deal of literature depicts the strength of the feminine. It's the overly masculine society that attempts to attribute strength as a male only aspect in order to purport male dominance. Through psychology we've learned that those who consistently feel the need to repress others do so because of their own insecurity or fear. A projection of weakness on women…the shadow en masse. Each gender, through societal conditioning or/and trauma, can over or under develop any of their respective aspects. It's not limited to females by any means.

The detached erect penis may symbolize masculine ability to detach from emotion when required. Perhaps the dream signifies you have or it is time to leave the emotional trauma of late behind as a Self supporting (white linen, bed) action and hold a more masculine rational attitude (erect/penetrating). Depending on your partners masculinity (beside) however noting this is an aspect that you too have or can develop within. (you hold it)

Regarding the relationship…In some way perhaps this results in feeling apart or separated from your partner on the issue and going along and or understanding the reasoning behind the decision yet your desire for either of the two options remains, which is natural.

I don’t really see anything about your boyfriend in the dream but of course, I could be wrong. Possibly you feel some knowledge is there but can't recall all the details. If there is some unconscious knowledge or issue that needs to be known it will not be lost, it should surface in a future dream.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present