Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
school - cant get away even on summer holidays lol!

Ok, had a dream where I was a teacher (I am a primary teacher, 3-11, in real life) and the setting was still a primary school, I think at the end of the summer term with other teachers winding down etc and the school secretary phoned me - I think it was out of school time, or at the end of summer term - i.e holidays - although I was still at school. She said a parent was concerned as I had let her son walk home on his own. I said " Well he's 18! he's able to walk home on his own!" I was puzzled why the parent was concerned, but later the school secretary said "He's not 18, he's 13".
At another point in the dream I looked at a drawing another teacher (one I knew in real life and worked with, who I always admired, as she was always so positive and organised etc)She had obviously done the drawing for a child or as part of some school resource, it was colourful and had well drawn pictures of dinosaur or deer/creature looking animals on it; just a black fine tipped outline on red, orange, purple and glittery background.
I had to draw another creature on it and so drew a kind of sea animal like a seal or those animals sailors used to mistake for mermaids? Manatees?
Well something similiar to that.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: England 37

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: school - cant get away even on summer holidays lol!

Hi Claire,
The school may be the school of life, that journey we ever travel. As one attains completion or wholeness (1+8=9; the masculine is integrated & 1+3=4) a new cycle inevitably begins. Perhaps the new cycle is an unrealized creative aspect which 'swims' in the unconscious, waiting for full expression. Or rather recognition the culmination of social duties is complete so now the creative may be brought to the forefront of consciousness.

just a few thoughts...

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

You're a genius Kathy! lol I hadn't thought of the numbers like that, only that as a teacher I would be responsible for a 13 year old child, but not an 18 year old one, as they would then be an adult.
So the numbers are saying, you've become whole in one area, but a new cycle is beginning?

What do you think the drawing by the other teacher is about?

sorry, also

recognition the culmination of social duties is complete so now the creative may be brought to the forefront of consciousness.

Could this be that in real life/time, the school term is ended and my social responsibilities as a teacher are ended for a while so I can focus on the 'artist' side on me - as this is what I am trying to do in waking life?

Claire,
No genius here…only a student. Well, maybe Wile E genius…can relate to that.

Seriously...MDS is a wealth of information on Self development through psychology, dream interpretation, spirituality, and on and on.

The teacher & drawing…

She may represent a higher feminine aspect. Drawing upon the nature of the inner child, that unabashed free nature of exploration and excitement without boundaries. And/or perhaps this creativity is for you, a resource for your exploration of Self. Also, perhaps nature as the muse spark of creativity. (Although this could be projection, Nature is the muse to my creativity.)

Regarding cycles…Possibly…that is for you to decide. As the sages reveal there are unseen multiple cycles all in different stages, all moving in harmony. As one cycle ends (becomes whole), a new cycle begins. If you do feel something coming to a close, it could be the school year ending and holiday the beginning of creative time. Dreams can reflect our life, sometimes signaling the ‘all clear’ to move forward. Could also symbolize moving from ‘impermanent’ to ‘permanent’ home, etc.

The dream may also speak on a deeper level about the cycles of life. Mid life often brings, or at least thoughts of approaching, decreased parental, family, career, etc responsibilities. Achieving, a usual focus of young adulthood, begins to wind down. In working on resolving any accumulated inner conflicts that may be present, mid life can be a fulfilling stage of life. Working on self interests, creative bliss, self interests, with more free time to devote to these areas.

I wish you all the best in your creative endeavors.

Many thanks,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Thanks Kathy - it all makes a lot of sense...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: England 37

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present