Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Trying to integrate the shadow?

Ok I have decided to stop 'running away' on the tide of personal freedom, affluence and easy ego riding and fully embrace my shadow self:

This is hard because I can be arrogant and overly independent and because of past hurts think I have to be some kind of superwoman so that I can do everything myself and owe nothing to nobody lol
but here goes:

My shadow self is greedy - what she lacks in given or received love she makes up for in retail therapy!
spends too much, saves too little! Bank statements always give me a little "nudge!"

She is lazy. She has creative talents but squanders these and her time, as she does money!

I'm now trying to think of the common projections I project on people and these usually are;

ignorance or not being self aware
lack of concern for others
lack of autonomy - especially women 'relying' on men
usually this is coupled with the 'indignance'
" I've had to work hard/study hard/ be aware/not rely on anyone/be aware/care for others/teach others/raise other peoples kids - why can't you?!" -= along those kinds of lines lol

Also arrogance/egoism in men
'cocksureness'
driving fancy cars - being 'machismo'
without sensitivity and care for gentle things...

These projections are obviously NOT aspects of others that I deplore as previusly thought but aspects of my shadow that I need to befriend and work through...

How do I start this though?

thanks

Claire

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: England 37

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Trying to integrate the shadow?

Claire,
By realizing the shadow qualities of your psyche is the first step in beginning the process. By exploring Jung's approach I believe you will find answers you seek in continuing your path. The greatest requirement perhaps is one of discipline. If by knowing you do not act, then knowing only makes it worse {guilt}. Perhaps Jung's inclusion of a spiritual aspect will help in this reguard. I know of no other spiritual philosophy than Buddhism that can help one discover the discipline needed. Buddhism is all about discipline, and psychology.

Note: Not that you should become a Buddhist. By understanding the concepts of Buddha consciousness you will better understand yourself. Personally I could never hold to just one spiritual principle as a guide. All have positive aspects.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Trying to integrate the shadow?

Thanks for you reply Gerard, as you say all religions have positive points about self discipline and self growth which are helpful.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present