Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
caring for the environmental

This was a dream from years ago: I think I must have been in my late twenties when I dreamt this, not sure, anyway, a while back...

It was a beautiful, peaceful dream, with vivid colours. A goddess type character, very wise etc - probably the archetype of the 'great mother'?
'gave' me a mission. I say this, as it wasn't just a conversation but more of an entreaty or entrustment.
I didn't see her, only heard her voice.
I saw rolling green hills, the country, nature - everthing very green and lush - basically the whole environment and I can't remember the exact words anymore, but it was something along the lines of,

" you need to help, look after this/care for this - you need to protect this"

I know most people would interprete this dream on a personal/psychological level but I do remember that at the time this had more of a spiritual aspect and also environmental issues, both of which I care about on a waking level too.

Lovely dream! I wish I could dream it again.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: caring for the environmental

Claire,

Peaceful, really beautiful dream. Dream interpretation relies on a dreamer communicating those very impressions of a dream that you speak of. The Forum is a place where the dreamer can omit impressions and personal information, and receive a fairly accurate psychological dream interpretation. When the dreamer communicates emotions, intuitions, personal information…the deeper levels of meaning can be revealed.

In dreams the invisible, the metaphysical, is seen through the visible. Nature is the spiritual center of Self, the very center of being.

Thank you for sharing with the Forum.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Thanks Kathy,

It's about time that someone saw feminine aspects as strong, wise and natural on this forum!

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

Claire,
If you will go back over the posts and interpretations I have given at the Forum you will discover there is no other person who gives the feminine its due credit. I don't know how many times I have stated that fact, in very strong language. I hope we don't drift into a discussion over topics that are not true. I insist that we don't. The Forum is a place for others to receive our advice. If there are questions such as yours about sexism I ask that you write me privately. That way any misconceptions can be cleared up and we won't have to discuss such negative things {perceived sexism} in our posts. I know you mean well but please understand the facts before making such statments. If you have experienced sexual bias {I know all women have} then let's look at your dreams and see what they have to say about any inner conflicts you may have. That is what we at the Forum hope to do, for men and women.

Most of the visitors to MDS are women, and most are in their mid 40s?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Yes I agree.
You're absolutely correct.
I am gagged.

Claire & Gerard,

My post was not intended to support either feminine or masculine gender biased viewpoint. I could not support and participate in this Forum if gender bias were the case. The Forum works diligently in support of positive development of negative and/or un(der)developed aspects, whether feminine or masculine, in the female and male.

I think many understand sensitivity to gender bias. Many women experience what is referred to as ‘the good old boys club’…the patriarchal power system. The constant state of battle can leave a deep impression, a chasm. And there are people who both see this imbalance and work to resolve it to the betterment of all.

I try to be mindful that just as the masculine suffers from over/under development, so too does the feminine. Would the world be any better if a mal-developed matriarchal system were in place? I think not…same absolute power, different emphasis. For me the societal goal is to achieve a harmonious balance of feminine and masculine, to rightfully honor and value both.

For the record, I yet posses negative feminine aspects and underdeveloped masculine aspects…so have a good deal…a lifetime…of Self work to achieve the balance I seek. This does not come quickly or without pain…there are hard truths of Self to meet and reconcile. But I am thankful to have started down this path, for had I not I would have continued to live a utterly unconscious life.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

A very wise and informed answer Kathy.
Yes, the work is worth it, when the anima and animus are united, it is a deep, beautiful and creative peace that is enjoyed, both in dreams, in mystic life and in practical waking life.
When anima and animus are supporting of each other within the joy that is the growth of the psyche, we are aware of a 'foot in both worlds' which enables the self to be aware, hold a secret joy, held between worlds as we walk on...

stats from 7-14-10 to the present