Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Funeral of Deceased Father

This one is really bugging me. I was at my father's funeral, (who died 20 years ago). There were things that had already been set up by my dad, for my brother and sister to read during the service. I was wearing his uniform hat (he was in the Army). I kept trying to read what he had written (they were actually song lyrics), but there was a guy there that kept disrupting things and people kept tackling him. I know that funerals (death) signify change, and that I've figured out (we're nearing the end of a major construction project on our house), but what's up with being at my Dad's funeral, and why was I wearing that hat??

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34, Massachusetts

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Funeral of Deceased Father

Vikie,
I get the impression there is an aspect about your father that you have not thoroughly put to rest. Wearing his hat may indicate possessing a trait you either admired or didn't admire. The guy disrupting things would be your own masculine aspects. Perhaps unconsciously you wish to, or wish not to, be like your father. The people who tackle him would be those other aspects about yourself that prevent you from perhaps being like your father. Was your father a disciplinarian? Are there other issues about your father that need addressing, perhaps something that has recently occured that brought your father's memory, and traits to mind?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thanks for the comments. My dad and I actually were very close, while he was alive. We are very similar in many ways, and I have been reminded of that recently. It's not a bad thing though, he was a great guy. He was indeed a disciplinarian, in his job mostly. I really would need to think about something that has happened recently, but I think about him all the time, so that would be hard. I've always strived to be like him, strong, independent, but maybe because I'm relying more heavily on people through this construction phase of my life, I'm having a hard time being that. Thanks. I'll keep thinking about it.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34, Massachusetts

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Vike,
The discpline your father possessed is probably a great part of what your dream was addressiing. There may be a desire on your part, your admiration of him, to be like him. For women it is often hard to be as disciplined as they would like {due to many factors, one of which is women are not expected to be as disciplined}. Since you do think often of your father, his presence and influence would be a natural thing in your life.

As for what triggered the dream. You may have recently had an emotional experience where discipline would have helped {relying on other people?}. Other emotions {other people in your dream} may have played a role in a lack of discipline, or your perceived lack of disciplne, especially compared to your father. Relying on other people is indeed a sign, perceived anyways, as having a lack of discipline. That fits with the dream.

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Viki,
A few other comments to help understand your dream. The analogy of discipline to your father was something that, for me, stood out. The fact you mentioned he was in the Army {impressions, observations about a dream often help us understand a dream}, wearing his uniform hat, these small things provide clues that help us understand what a dream is trying to address.

We know from recent science that our dreams are a mechanism provided by nature whose function {among others}is to help solve life's dilemmas. We sleep to dream as much as we do for rest. Science also shows us that those hours of missed REM sleep {when we dream most} are made up in sub sequence nights. Nature has provided our bodies with amazing evolutionary mechanisms for its protection. Dreams are one of those natural mechanisms.

But dreams speak in metaphor. Jung has provided an outline of how dreams function and with a little intuitive thought we can indeed understand our dreams.
I can look at most dreams and see a periphery, an outline to the dream. But the actual personal associations can only be known by the dreamer. The more I know about you personally the better insights I can gather from your dreams. When I interpret a dream I try to stimulate the dreamer to think of the associations I provide {and others they may come up with} and see any relationship that there may be. The additional information about yourself and your father verified some of my impressions and also provides more insights to the dream.

Dreams are a part of our psychology. They can be of great value if competently understood. Dreams can be great tools for those of us who are in mid-life, since it is a time of retrospection and introspection. If you will take a little time to read some of the pages at MDS I believe you will go away with a better understanding of yourself. You can start with The Individuation Process

Gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present