Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Father

So, this morning, right before I was to wake up for the day, I had a dream. It takes place in a house I lived in about 6 or so years ago, but at this present time. I was writing in a white binder all the horrible things my father had done. When he found out, he tried to take it, afraid my mother would see it. I tried to keep it from him, and he grabbed me and tried to hit me and beat me. The binder fell to the ground and I scrambled to pick it up and put the pages back in. I escaped by telling him that what he wanted was in another binder and ran out to my car as he looked through it. My car wouldn't turn on, and he started to come out. I just put the car in nuetral and let it roll down the driveway, and it started and I sped away. I called my mother to tell her, and she told me it was ok, not to worry, that that was how he treated some girl at his job whose mouth he would spit in for sexual purposes. I shouted, "That's even worse!" and began crying hysterically. Somehow I ended up in a field, out of my car. I turned to see my father behind me and started running, screaming into the phone to my mother, "help me, he's coming to get me!" and then I threw the phone at him, hoping my mother would be able to call him off. She didn't and he chased me down a street from our old neighborhood, to a ladder that I started to climb. At that point, I woke up feeling scared and confused. My father and I have always had a rocky relationship, but I don't really remember anything that outright vicious. He was emotionally abusive, and I was afraid of him at times. He was on occasion rough with me, and hurt me a few times. I would call my mother and she would always stop him for awhile, but sooner or later it would happen again. This went on until just recently, when I moved out...about 3 months ago, and moved in with my fiance, with my daughter (like I am not my father's biological daughter, my fiance is not my daughter's bio-dad.). Also, about 5 or so months ago, my mother found out (and told me) that my father had cheated on her with a prostitute. To my knowledge, he doesn't have a mistress at his workplace, but I thought perhaps it may be related to his indiscretions with the prostitute. My mother forgave him for this and made excuses for it. Anyone have any idea what this means?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24, Arlington, TX

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Father

Heather,
Your dream seems to be addressing impressions about your father that may have recently resurfaced. You may have unconsciously covered up his emotional abuse, and his actions with your mother, his indiscretions with the prostitute, may have triggered memories of have abusive, and perhaps manipulative he can be. You may feel your mother should not trust and forgive him so easily since you do know his capabilities to be abusive. There may be lingering feelings of how inaffective your mother's intervention was when he 'occasionally' rough with you. That may lend itself to how you see her actions over this recent indiscretion by your father.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Father

That does make sense. I told my fiance about it, and he kind of dismissed it, and told me not to worry so much about it, but for some reason it was really weighing heavily on my mind. Understanding it makes it a little easier on me. I also wondered if it could have been symbolic of how I am afraid of similar things happening with my own daughter, either with my father, or with my fiance.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24, Arlington, TX

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present