Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
advice

Hi all

I wonder if I can ask your thoughts on this dream of two nights ago

There are three of us, myself + two other men. I am not really with them; rather observing them - we go outside.
One says to the other, 'you're not really going to do it are you?'. To which the other replies, 'yes'.
He is moulding, shaping, patting together a soft material about the size and shape of a tennis ball.
He throws it - some of it falls off in-flight; but it largely hangs together.
i do not see it land or where it lands.
We / they /us dive for cover before it lands - into a ditch or some trench so that the blast / shock wave mostly passes over us and we are not hurt.

I have some thoughts and will share them, however I would prefer your feedback to not be influenced by my impressions.

Many thanks
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: advice

Justin,
The dream could be a straightforward approach in describing perhaps the shaping of your life, the inner spiritual and the outer ego. But the mystery is in the dream statement, 'you're not really going to do it are you?'. To which the other replies, 'yes'. Where does this fit in your life? And does the tennis ball have any waking life connections? It may represent that whole self that you have been moulding {compare it to the kundalini energy which is unseeable}. The ego world may take away from the whole but the inner Self largely hangs together. The blast waves of the ego world can not harm the true hero who stays the path.

What were your conclusions?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: advice

Hi Jerry

Thanks for your thoughts and sorry for my delayed reply - I have limited internet access at present.

Well, as so commonly seen, another perspective is very helpful and revealing.

I was struck by the phrase 'shaping your life/ in your post ,,, 'reshaping' really and trying to keep it all togehter too. There is also the thought of moulding
The theme 'letting go' was very strong - when we throw something we take aim and throw ,,, in the process let go !! Once released, we have no control over the outcome. What happens is out of my hands.,,, I do not see the outcome ,,,, ugh so hard.
Certainly in waking life there is a lot of holding on in a number of areas - and I am concerned about the 'fallout' / what will happen if I do let go ,,, maybe the dream is saying I will not be hurt and ,,,, that 'Yes, I will do it?' which one ? all of them ??
I guess there comes a time when all the moulding has to stop and one has to let go / one has to 'do it'.

Your analogy to the Self and kundalini both feel correct - as there is also a sense of condensation at present. This relates to the concept of expansion + contraction ('spanda') as a phenomenon of the Universe.
I have no waking life connections for the tennis ball.
Unfortunately at present I seem to have no sense of where to take aim.

My dreams are more abstract recently, and there also seems to be understanding of some previously posted dreams - i'll try and find it an post a follow-up

many thanks
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 Australia

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

stats from 7-14-10 to the present