Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
plastic people?!

Hi
I had a dream about being at work and receiving a telephone call from my teaching agency (who are always very positive/I have a good relationship with them)the tone of the agent on the phone, was a bit formal/cold than usual and it said I had described the people I had worked with before as 'plastic people'! This came as a shock to me, as I worked in a lovely school, where all the staff were very kind, warm and welcoming and I enjoyed my time there and received positive feedback from them also.
I tried to ring the agency back to explain why I had written these things, but couldn't get through. Diallled and went through to an internal line.
I had a letter of some form that I was looking at too, but didnt pay too much attention to this as I was trying to make the phone call to 'make amends!'

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: plastic people?!

Claire,
If you look at the dream as reference to your own inner conflicts and those things you wish to make amends with, then the dream message may come to you. Having seen your posts I sense there is a feeling you hold that many people are 'plastic' and not their true selves {I have the similar opinions}. The phone call may be an inner desire to sort through these conflicts.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: plastic people?!

Thanks for your reply Gerard.

I think maybe it is the fear of being accepted 'as myself' as I don't usually play the 'games' some people play, and maybe have occasional nagging paranoia that people don't really like me as I am or are playing the social game - just being nice etc.
I have been bullied in the past at work, and so maybe sometimes 'second guess' colleagues who are being nice etc and double checking that I'm above reproach and not making any mistakes in my professional life.

But then this is probably some some of twisted perfectionism and guardedness that I'm projecting onto colleagues, so maybe they feel guarded or 'plastic' with me?

Not sure! lol more confused now lol

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present