Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Death

My father dies and is buried. Then, he is not dead. Then he is going to die. I hold his face and say, "Go Daddy, Find peace and be happy with God." He dies. Then the funeral is going on. My mother and two sisters are there already. I'm not ready. I start rushing to get dressed to line up. They are lined up like a wedding. Then, my cousins show up, one of them is in a pink, long lacey dress. A wedding party is behind us waiting for the funeral to end, so they can be married. It is a black wedding party. The bride-to-be is huge; she has on the same pink lacy dress as my cousin. She attacks my cousin for wearing the dress she wearing for her wedding. Everyone is holding back the angry bride-to-be. It ends.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 52 Missouri

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Death

Deb,
A question that needs to be answered is whether your father is still alive. The actual condition of your father's health may provide clues to the dream message.

Other than that, the dream may be addressing emotional aspects having to do with your father, something that you thought had been laid to rest but is still persisting. Members of your family may have already moved on over these issues but you are not quite ready to do so. You may be still confronting certain aspects to the relationship with your father, something once laid to rest will let you move on. Resolving these issues may provide a hugh relief for you. There may have been issues with your father that were 'covered' up {pink lacy dress}.

Look to my interpretation and determine if there are any connections to your waking life. Your response may provide other clues to the dream message.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

My father died two years ago. Nothing to resolve. He was perhaps the best human being I've ever known. Meek, helpful, and loving to all. He didn' t seem to have a single fault, except maybe not being assertive enough.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 52, Missouri

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

In addition to an interpretation about issues with your actual father, it could suggest the mature, masculine aspects of yourself, particulalry to do with your animus. Parents in dreams tend to represent superior and inferior aspects of ourselves.
The bride is your shadow, feminine aspect, who perhaps has been ignored for long enough, and now is 'bursting onto the scene' with much assertiveness, agression even, ' everyone holding her back'.
The black wedding suggests it is an inferior, maybe even negative aspects of your shadow self, that needs to be acknowledged and 'listened' to, if it is not going to affect your 'wise, mature, male' animus;
'died, then came back to life, then died..

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

My husband had a stroke three years ago. I've had to assume a greater leadership role in the home. I now must financially support us. etc. Does that fit anywhere? I also am now caretaker to my mom.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 52, Missouri

Deb,
Following what Claire said about your own masculine aspects, perhaps that may be what the dream is addressing. You stated the only fault your father possessed was he may not have been assertive enough. Are you that type also. Or are there instances in the days prior to the dream where assertiveness was needed in some situation? In your dream, at the funeral, you are not ready, you just get in line. This may indicate a situation where assertiveness was needed. Of course the dream speaks in metaphors and the actual waking situation may be harder to pin down.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present