Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
eyes in a mirror...

I had this dream and I don't know what it means... please let me know what you think it means. cause I don't have a clue!
Dream:
I am looking into a mirror, I don't see my face, just my eyes! but they are not the right color, the left one(my left) is clear bright yellow(where the white part of my should be) and the eye itself is black.
The right one is yellow also, but the pupil is in the shape of the earth(pupil is green), floating in the yellow sea. This eye doesn't seem to bother me in the dream. It's the other one! I keep blinking but it doesn't help once or twice my eye (the left one) went back to its original color (brown) but it soon returned to yellow with a black dot????
I know this means something but for the life of me, I can't figure it out? please help
Roni

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: age: 45 South Louisiana

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: eyes in a mirror...

Hi Roni

What are your responses to this dream - not so much what you think about the meaning, more what feelings did it evoke?

Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Hi Roni

Mirrors are used by the unconscious in dreams to remind/prompt us to look at things in ourselves/our reflection. Maybe, the reason you can only see your eyes and not your face in the mirror, is because this dream is asking you to look at your inner self, rather than your 'persona' or the outward you, the one that is represented to the world.
Yellow can signify the intellect, and the inner self, a black dot for the eye, may suggest things that need to be adressed/looked at, but things that you would rather not look at! Black may also represent depression or negativity about something, a hurt or issue that needs to be resolved. The other eye 'doesn't worry you' it has a green 'earth shaped' centre - this is the 'norm' of your inner self, that is organic, productive, growing and creative ( green, earth). It is the other eye, that you have issues with and blinking wont make it turn back to being like the other eye.

Like Justin said, its important to think about what the dream means to you personally and if there are any things which are making you feel guilty, depressed or negative in any way - as these need addressing to make both of your eyes 'green and healthy!'

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Also, Roni, the left hand side of the body, and hence the left eye too, represents the emotion, intuition and your instincts, so is the 'black mark' something which has hurt you or wounded you emotionally?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Hi Roni

I have been thinking of your dream for some time now - unfortunately you have not posted a response so we don't know you thoughts and the relevance of the posts to your dream + waking life.

Mirrors are reflections of the truth - the way things really are ,,, and eyes are the mirrors of the soul.
Are you not seeing things the way they really are ? or Are you not seeing yourself the way you really are ?

Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Brisbane Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present