Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
cars, destinations and housewifey haircuts!

Hi, I think I have interpreted this dream, but would like second opinions, ideas to bounce off too...

Had a dream I was driving a car with figures representing family and/or friends in the back of the car. In the back, behind my seat, for some reason, I think I was driving in the left hand side of the car for some reason? was my father, not actually him, but someone who represented him, very encouraging, kindly etc. (My real dad has been deceased 5 years)
We drove through a town, we were either on our way for me to show them my new house or to an art gallery to see some art etc? We went round a typical roundabout/through middle of town etc, and then turned right at a signpost which said something like
'Endleigh' or East something some place name beginning with 'end' or 'eas'? The atmosphere in the dream was quite 'real' ie the feelings that you would have in waking life, driving along, quite positive/purposeful and 'settled'?
In the next part of the dream, I 'was shown' or saw a haircut, I was to have; it was like seeing a model wearing a new haircut on tv or looking at a fashion magazine etc. It was blonde/light brown (I have brunette hair)and in a long bobbed style - like a 1970's 'purdy' type haircut, very shiny/groomed but very 'housewifely' I remember thinking in the dream as I was looking at it! My own hair in waking life is brunette, past shoulder length, just long hair and I don't like cutting my hair or going to the hairdressers in real life?! I remember 'scoffing' slightly at the haircut in the dream, as it wasn't a haircut I would consider, and it was the sort of thing someone had to show they were 'conventional' and to 'fit in' with a kind of domesticatic/tidy/wifey kind of woman? lol

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: cars, destinations and housewifey haircuts!

Claire,
I will take a closer look at your dream in the morning when my intuitive mind is at its pinnacle.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Claire,
The serenity within your dream probably reflects the condition of your waking life. Driving the car would iundicate feelings of having control over most aspects of your life. The haircut may represent aspects about yourself that others except but you reject {'conventional' and to 'fit in' with a kind of domesticatic/tidy/wifey kind of woman}. You are comfortable with your decisions in life and becoming comfortable with yourself {The atmosphere in the dream was quite 'real' ie the feelings that you would have in waking life, driving along, quite positive/purposeful and 'settled'}.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thanks Gerard, I agree with your interpretation, especially as the 'purposeful driving' was towards the next 'stage' of my life - a house/home etc...
I think the subconscious/unconscious plays on words/puns in dreams and I think the hairdressing ' model' was as you suggest; a 'model' of how to live or how to fit in and typically of me, I do my own thing and I'm comfortable with both my 'self' and my persona. It may even be telling me to be more myself than only my professional persona and that its ok
'to be myself'. The 'east' sign thing probably suggest the spiritual/psychological?
Would the father figure, sitting behind me in the car suggest the masculine 'driving force'/wise old man archetype encouraging and pushing me on?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present