Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
anima

In my dream I went for a tarot reading from a woman I know in our town. (I am a tarot reader myself in WL). I walked into the room and took my clothes off so I could be more sensitive to the reading.

She pulled The King of Swords from the deck and told me that I was being affected by the negativity in the world and that I needed to take positive action to dispel the negative influence. Then she pulled the 9 of Swords and said that the feminine within me was trapped but could be a great ally for me.

I thanked her and went to put my clothes back on but they were missing. There was a white sheet which I wrapped around me like a skirt. I walked outside and found myself wearing a veil across my face.

I saw a woman that I know and she asked me if I still had a penis. I looked under the skirt and my penis was still there. End of dream.

Tom

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Southwest USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: anima

Hi Tom

What are your thoughts on this dream ?

Overall this dream seems to be about the balance of the energies in your life - the masculine and feminine.
Are you sensitive and intuitive ? Yes one could guess this from your reference to Tarot - however it is in the dream too. The man (you) wearing a sheet, being asked if you ahve a penis, being affected by the negativity in the world ,,,,
There is a difference between being intuitive / sensitive (feminine aspects) and what is referred to as The Feminine ,,,, so there is wisdom in the Feminine and that is different to haveing an excess of feminine attributes.
The veil across your face : again an image of feminine ,,, - hiding the real you (in more ways than one perhaps) - you are a man and hiding behind a veil ; I think you get the picture.
I think the woman you know may represent anima - the question she asks is tantamount to asking 'are you still a man?'.

Are there issues in life that you have to face ?

Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Thanks Justin.
I've given some thought to the dream and believe that the dream is about me being okay with my sensitivity and my feminine side but I think the veil may represent me not taking things so personally.

Tom

Tom,
Interesting symbolism in your dream. Especially the equation of the number 9 to the inner feminine. In Greek mythology the number 9 represents the Goddess, the highest power. Joseph Campbell stated that 9 represents the prime number of the universe. In his studies of all the mythologies over the centuries he discovered the number 432 {=9} which always represented the highest power. In the tarot the number 9 completes the series of simple mathematical ideas from which all others are derived. Since most mystical theories are intertwined the symbolism of each is related. This is due to the universal order which Jung called the archetypes. Numerology and astrology also hold the number 9 in high esteem. For more on the number 9 see my page Secrets of the Number Nine. As for 432 see Arithmetic Relating to the Number 432.

I digress. Often taking your clothes off is symbolism of revealing something about your true self. The woman and the sensitivity are of course both feminine aspects of the psyche. Not being able to find your clothes and the veil covering your face leaves me with the impression that there may some aspect that may concealed. Perhaps there is a question as to your manhood {she asked me if I still had a penis}. Most men would question another man who wears a skirt {has integrated their feminine aspect}. As Justin stated there may be that balance of energies that the social world {negativity} rejects for anyone who has discovered the power of the feminine. And as you stated the dream may be about being okay with your sensitivity and your feminine side.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

In addition to all of these very relevent replies The tarot says, regarding the king of swords motif:

The king of swords embodies a quality of intellectual leadership which is attractive and dynamic in the world. His ambivalence lies in his tendency to disassociation from feeling, which can cause him to seem rather shallow and untrustworthy. This is his paradox: that he is a man of unquestionably high principles, yet at the same time a person who, like the proverbial weathercock, can shift unexpectedly from one allegiance to another in order to preserve diplomacy and cooperation. Although this is a contradiction in terms, both the noble and guileful aspects of his nature spring from the same idealistic root.

When the king of swords appears in a spread, it is time to meet within oneself the ambivalent gift of intellectual leadership and strategy. Intellectual prowess and inspired ideas about how to develop things in the future are qualities which he posesses in abundance.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Thanks Gerard and Clare.

My experience with my anima began about two years ago when I was asked for a dream guide to appear. I had a series of lucid dreams in which the Goddess appeared to me as my guide. She appeared as Quan Yin at first and later as the Virgin Mary.

Gradually, my dreams have shown me that my own feminine side is my best guide, to balance my masculine nature.

Tom

stats from 7-14-10 to the present