Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
spider dream

hi there i suffer from a recurring dream where i wake up in bed and a spider is coming down from the ceiling, i jump up in time before it lands on me. I then suddenly wake up and have to turn the light on and check the bed it is so real!! my hubby is starting to freak out slightly because i scare him when i jump up.....any chance you could shed some light?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35 uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: spider dream

Hi Julie

Recurring dreams usually mean that there is something in your 'mind' that wants to get your attention ,,, and then for you to ask what are you trying to let me know (about myself, my life).

You may like to look at the Dream Dictionaries on this site for some starting thoughts - but it may come down to what thoughts / feeling s / beliefs you relate to spiders.

Your email address mentions birds ,,, birds eat spiders ,,, is there something in your life that is threatening you (it could be your inner existance.
The spider is coming down from the ceiling so my guess would be that this is something from your Higher Self ,,, a warning perhaps. This could relate to something in your waking life, or to your inner life.
It is using something frightening to 'wake you up' - it could be a call to WAKE UP ,,,,

Are there any resonances in what I ahve said ?
It is likely that your dreams will change now that you have posted this dream - as this is an acknowledgement to your self that you are willing to listen.

All the best
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

hi justin

thanks for replying to my post i really appreciate it

my email addy (birds) is purely a coincedence to an address, and although i am not keen on spiders i wouldnt say i have a great fear of them.

although in my dream i am scared witless, infact the dream is so realistic when i wake it takes me a few mins to work out in my head what was the dream and what was real!

thanks again for your time in helping me.

julie x

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35 uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Re: spider dream

Thanks for your response julie

If there is such realism in the dream and waking you like this then it is worth keeping a corner of your mind scanning for what it is that your unconscious is trying to warn you about - that is my sense.

It may also be interesting to revisit the nursery rhymn 'Little Miss Muffet sat on ther tuffet ,,,

All the best, let us know if something clicks or changes
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Hi Julie

I personally consider the spider to be one of the most difficult animal symbols to interpret. However, in your dream, I believe that she is a symbol of the Wise Old Woman.

Our dreams often reflect mythological themes; therefore, this spider may be the Spider Woman of American Indian legends. She would then be a symbol of the Wise Old Woman archetype. If the spider is a symbol of the Spider Woman, we would expect to see her climb down her thread from above (heaven?) in order to help the dreamer.

Hope this helps,
Lugus

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62, United States

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present