Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My Dream's Significance or Meaning?

First I will tell you some background. I was in a relationship with a man from India for almost 2 years, throughout which we stayed together, partly in India and partly in the US. I broke it off with him last February after coming home to the US alone and realizing that I was very unhappy in the relatioship and didn't want to get married to him as we talked about. A while back before we broke up I loaned him some money. The time for him to pay me back the money is long over due. We have kept in contact in a friendly way via telephone, talking once a month or so, me asking always when he can pay me back, and him giving me an excuses for why he cannot but assuring me that he will soon. He is in the guided trekking business in India and lives there.

Here is the Dream:
I go to India with my mother and sister as support, they do not appear any more in the dream other then this but I feel their presence. I go to my ex-boyfriend and tell him that I am sending him off into the Himalayas on a trek in the snow. I explain to him that although I feel bad because it is snowing and it will be cold this trek, he must go for at least 3 weeks and not come back until he has the money for me. Then as he is walking off into the snow with his head down, I look down at a clear plastic box I have in my hands filled with hay or stuffing. I also have a hand full of white plastic capsules (like medicine capsules but larger). I then open each one of the capsules up, take the lid of the box, and then throw the opened capsules into the hay in the box. As I do this and replace the lid, I watch a bunch of silk worm come out from hiding in the hay of the box, and then climb inside the capsules, and close the capsule on themselves as I replace the lid on the box. The End.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 32, Los Angeles, CA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: My Dream's Significance or Meaning?

Liz,
I believe your dream is addressing the relationship with your ex and perhaps how you feel about it, and yourself, especially how he made you feel about yourself in the relationship.

Your mother and your sister in your dream may have personal connotations, perhaps their support having some significant meaning. But they also probably symbolize other aspects of your own psyche {consult the dream dictionaries}. The snow and the trek to the Himalayas could relate to your cold feelings toward your ex-boyfriend over the money he owes you. Money could be symbolic of something of value to you, other than money itself. Money can symbolize values of the heart and in your dream he can not return until he has the 'money' {he needs to value you more}.

The plastic box and the plastic capsules along with the money may have reference to wholeness and values with the capsule being a reference to how you feel inside. These may have to do with the failure of the relationship, he did not provide the support you required in the relationship, the support you need to be that happy and whole person {boxes have four sides which is symbolic of wholeness}. There was a 'plastic' and transparency to the relationship, it was not strong as it should have been. Hay could be symbolic of hard work that is required in a successful relationship. Silk is a valuable thread and when there is genuine effort given to the relationship then you feel valuable. Since he did not provide what you need you look to your own inner strength for support {climb inside the capsules, and close the capsule on themselves as I replace the lid on the box}.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Gerard,

I hope this is not too long. Thank you, This helps a lot. What you wrote about the box and the contents really clarifies some of the symbolism in the dream. Although I think I sort already understood the dream in a sense I wanted another's insight with some deeper knowledge of dreams since the box of silk worms was such a vivid and mystifying part of the dream. It seemed to really speak to me.

Would you mind giving me your insight on another dream that I had night before last? It came I think, exactly one week after the silk worm dream. I feel like they are related in my over all feelings in regards to my relationships with men. I feel like this one is really trying to tell me something but I can't quite get a grip on it.

Dream: The dream is all about water, I sense there is water everywhere (I have always enjoyed being in the water and I have no fears of it) So in the first half of the dream I am on a sort of flat wooden plank dock or raft tied to the main land. I look at the ropes tying the raft to the main dock and I notice that they are untying themselves so I make a quick decision to jump into the water thinking that the raft is floating away from the main dock too quickly and that I will be able to swim faster back to the main dock. Once I am in the water I realise that it is very swift and instantly I am very far from the shore and can see that in fact the raft or dock that I was on did not untie itself but is still tied to the main dock and realise that I have made a mistake. I know that I have made a mistake and realise that I can't possibly swim fast enough to get back to the dock so I quickly try to catch the attention of the boats sailing around me in the water by yelling help. I am worried that they can't hear me and my voice is muffled but I finally catch the attention of a passenger on a small cruise ship passing me by and know that I will be saved. Then instantly I switch to another dream in which things are very calm, relaxing, and soothing. I am a huge, absolutely gigantic gym type swimming pool with the black lanes on the bottom and huge mountain rises behind the swimming pool in a very scenic place. I suddenly find that there is young boy there almost waiting for me after I finish looking around. (I realise later that this is a boy that I know someone that haven't seen for years and years from childhood, not somebody that I even knew very well just a boy that lived near me, although he looked nothing like him but I just some how knew it was him and recognized his dark skin) We don't talk to eachother but seem to be communicating intuitively and I know that he is telling me to relax and float on my back in the water. He sort of guides me around all over the pool, all the while just looking into my eyes. I then sense that it is time to stand up in the water and realise that there is some type of graduation ceremony where hundreads of people are coming towards the water to get in, taking off the clothes that they have on over their bathing suites and tossing off their graduation hats as they come towards the pool. I just observe this ceremony and the people coming from all over to get in the pool and the dream ends.

Thank you so much, and again I'm so sorry for being so lengthy.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 32, Los Angeles, CA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

See my response to this dream in Liz's post Water Dreams

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present