Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
white hare, dress, journey

In the dream I had last night, I was going to an upcoming interview (I also have one in real life)and the theme throughout is the anxiety about finding the right route and being on time/being late. At first, the dream is situated in London and I travelled on a train/tube, get off at one station and try to hail a taxi. Another woman ( similiar age to me)gets the first taxi and gets in it ahead of me. There is a small crowd of people now all waiting for taxis, so I walk on and arrive at a pub or something similiar to have lunch before going to the interview. I'm thinking about what to teach the class/group I will be teaching at the interview and look at a shelf with educational resource books at the top. I look at the books. Some people, friends or family are around me.
I choose a Literacy photocopiable book I see on the shelf above.
Also at the same place, I see a dress being modelled that is white, with an embroidered green bodice, like an evening/wedding or pageant type dress. I see it on someone modelling it in a room, but also on a few posters/pictures too, perhaps advertising something.

Throughout the dream I see a beautiful white hare twice. It is beautiful, peaceful and friendly like a pet and I tell other people in the dream that I have seen it.

I'm sure theres more to the dream, but thats all I can remember at the moment, despite writing it down when I awoke!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: white hare, dress, journey

Claire,
I will begin knowing I may not have time to complete addressing your dream. Hopefully I can finish later to day or perhaps another time.

How close to the actual interview in your waking life does the dream interview come in its overall context? The dream is most likely taking the actual stresses you are experiencing over the real interview and putting them into metaphorical context, which of course is how dreams function to the greatest degree {metaphorically}. As you are aware we do know that dreams in some instances do use the literal interpretation of a symbol. Parents, siblings, partners and close loved ones are a good example where dreams uses the symbol as a literal truth. At least as it applies to that level of the dream {personal vs. the deeper aspect}. Actions in a dream {your 'interview' can be taken as
a noun and/or a verb} may be addressing the literal aspect of your waking life, the anxiety over the interview. This is your dream addressing the personal aspect.

Since you live in London one might ass-um-e trains are a common part of your life. Tube gives it away also {many Americans don't know a tube, in Europe, is a train/subway}. But perhaps the tube itself is addressing another or a deeper aspect of your life/psyche.

I sense a change here, still addressing the personal life but also looking 'to' the deeper aspects.

Deeper being other issues in your life, anything that affects an emotion {love, anger, desire, fear, creative, spiritual, etc.}. These issues would more likely be underlying issues, addressing the root of your anxieties {the interview}.
Do crowds lean themselves to a more stressful reaction? Have there been past experiences on a tube that still have psychic energies, even though you believe you have put them in order, or perhaps been forgotten about, or even suppressed.

When we get to the taxis and the 'other woman', and the crowd of people, a vagueness away from the literal/personal life begins to take shape that makes it uncertain what a symbol may represent, its metaphorical reference, and what aspect? I believe dreams will often accent one level of life {say the personal} in the beginning but will start addressing the deeper aspects, the deeper emotional self and issues, without completely forsaking the original aspect {the personal} and the meaning of the symbol {real life trains/tubes, interviews, crowds, taxis}. Getting to the deeper aspect is the ultimate goal of the dream. Getting to the primordial, or original cause of why we do things is what dreams can discern.

Where we see real differences is in the dreams of young people, children up to young adult. The focus more often is mostly personal, addressing the evolving, experience-less life. If there are real issues in conflict {love and acceptance being major issues. Then experiences of traumas, emotional and/or physical abuse}. You can begin to see how the energies of the psyche contribute to the dream. A developing psyche will use personal experiences as a bases for the dreams the
person has. The deeper aspects will be there also.

every dream has at least two interpretations

Of course 'another woman' would be looked at by a Jungian at first thought as another aspect of you, or/and your feminine psyche. It could possibly be the
shadow, perhaps more possible to be merely a 'minor shadow' in yourself.

Classes, group, aspects of self most probably, the lunch perhaps nourishment {what type nourishment?}. Teaching, learning something new? That also may dictate being a teacher, or an authoritative metaphor.

I will have to stop here. Have a scheduled workout at 1:00 Tennessee time and I value my workouts. But some parting thoughts.

I can see where the hare may symbolize confidence. White can also be a positive symbol, with all its other representations {look up white in the dream dictioanry}. Friends and family would leand to a positive aspect.

Would the gown look good on you?

And there is that possible minor shadow. Could that represent doubt on the personal level. I do see it as minor though.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Gerard

and thanks for your interpretation at your late time of night! I think you're right about the shadow being a minor part of the dream (it had a small emphasis in the dream and may point to over ambition or 'being first' that I may have to check from time to time to avoid rushing).
Yes, I do live near London, but in the home counties (Hertfordshire) and I think the tube, possibly points more to past journeys and work, as I used to catch the tube to work in the past in London. However now, looking towards the future I am relocating to the Midlands of england, where there certainly aren't any tubes and I no longer have to use trains, as I am now driving.
I can see where you're going with the "would the gown suit you" question as a dress motif has a lot to do with feminine identity and how we feel we 'fit' into that role or image. I think the answer would be yes,
the colours of white and green represent purity and love of beauty and nature for me. Perhaps with greater integration of animus and anima I am learning to appreciate the quietly powerful feminine side that has already proved her masculine worth and can now enjoy a varying image, without feel of projection regarding female stereotypes?

The white hare may suggest ' over confidence'? yes I looked up this meaning too. But also, just before going to sleep I was exchanging pictures with a friend of the countryside I will be moving to, several of which featured white hares in a landscape, as wildlife pictures, so could this simply be residual?

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

NOW the dream makes perfect sense and is ANOTHER reminder to take more heed of my instincts and feelings rather than always following common sense.

The dream was all about this interview today, the interview in which a decision had already been made about a male candidate a week or so, prior to today.
Some prejudice was also reveal on the part of the head/inteviewee, along the lines of "its a man's things" and "this candidate is a man" which hey, I thought was ILLEGAL in these days of equal opps in the UK but hey who am I to say!!!!

This dream clearly showed a dress - obviously a feminine item - maybe being female was the stumbling block and the dream was simply to show me the whole farce was simply a waste of my time.

one of my previous posts was one that showed a book with the title 'Ladies Prophet' maybe this was to show me what would happen in the near future and also the fact that a hinderance would occur because i was a 'lady' rather than a 'gentleman'.

Who knows - but it does show that sometimes we do what we are 'expected' to do and not what our gut instincts and sensibilities and dreams tell us.
More fool me.

well I should have heeded the warnings, but now the matter has been referred to the equal ops people in real life, so it doesnt happen to anyone else.

Claire,
Some striking similarities to Alice in Wonderland in this dream. Finding the right route, late, underground tunnel (tube), groups of people, white hare, etc, etc.

Just thought to mention it...on the deeper level there may be some connection with this story and the Psyche.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Yes you're right Kathy! But what would this suggest then? That I'm going completely loopy?! lol

Claire,
With hopes we are all loopy by existing standards!

Of course, both your and Gerard's interpretations make perfect sense. Since dreams offer multiple lines of meaning, one more may (or not) be appropriate.

Alice is a tale of the inner journey, of going inside to discover the true Self, to live life of the internal rather than external. With a view to the deeper meaning interview could symbolize self examination, a desire to know the true nature of Self. Anxiety, finding the right route is perhaps a methodology…there are numerous methods, it can be difficult, confusing and time consuming finding the method that really works. Timeliness (on time/being late) could also be the internal drive to Self fulfillment.

London may be the ego external, consciousness, as venturing into realm of the unconscious, the tube/train as that connection and vehicle. A need of conscious understanding (returning to the surface level), before continuing the journey. The female who gets the first cab may be related to the anxiety factor and/or that what follows, is necessary before continuing the journey, not yet ready to proceed. The other aspects of Self are waiting. Pausing to seek knowledge, lunch & educational resource books, and choosing appropriate models from those around you for support and assistance, before continuing the process. You can learn (literacy) from others then replicate (photocopy) their success to achieve the desired result. The true nature of Self, the dress with green bodice, is shown to you. That of the goddess and the nature (green) of Self.

The white hare the catalyst to get Alice moving into Wonderland, conscious plumming the depths of Self to Self realization…

Of course, you well know interpretations are only as close as the dreamer determines. Although the similarities were quite pronounced when reading your dream.

Googled Alice in Wonderland and found a site with psychology in relation to the Alice tale. I’ve made only a preliminary perusal so can not yet recommend it. It will take some time to digest and evaluate in relation to Jung/Campbell. (Read slow learner here… A link follows as you may wish to evaluate it yourself. Alice in Wonderland, Sabian Assembly

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

I think your interpretation is very accurate Kathy - many thanks

stats from 7-14-10 to the present