Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Depressing Dreams--Is it just me?

Once in a while, about every month or so, I get these really depressing dreams that are about people and places I've never met or been to before. I wake up crying or really depressed and hopeless.

Anybody else have this? Anyone have any ideas what's wrong with me? I'm perfectly content in my normal life.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 20 Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Depressing Dreams--Is it just me?

Corneggs,
Although you may be contented with your personal life, recurring depressing dreams could be a sign of deeper emotional conflicts from earlier experiences in life. Look back at your childhood and formative years to see if there are any unresolved issues that need to be addressed. Often there are these issues that may seem benign at first sight but are in fact quantitative in their influence. They may or may not be traumatic but the psychic energy is enough that they {conflictive emotions} can cause depression in the waking life if strong enough. They can be resolved by confronting the underlying emotional conflicts.

On the other hand I believe there are those aspects of the human psyche that are measured in periods of time {often measured in days or months} related to stressful events. Do these depressing dreams occur during such times of stress? This may be the simple answer.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

corneggs,

Regarding the cyclical times of stress Gerard mentions…the depressing dreams come ‘about every month or so”. It’s possible an underlying physical aspect may also contribute to these depressing dreams. On examination do you find a connection to your monthly menstrual cycle? If these dreams take place post ovulation near the start of or during a period, when estrogen levels drop dramatically, I would be inclined to factor this into the equation.

The decrease in estrogen can cause mild depression, a symptom of PMS. This could then bring about a coinciding dream events where unconscious attention focuses to those past issues Gerard spoke of, the result being dream content addressing those deeper emotional conflicts.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

i've also had a depressing dream in my life.it was not only depressing but it was reacurring likewise. it's like i dream of a yellow envolope appearing everywhere i look.ive never got far enough to figure out what's in it,but ill never know...what does this mean?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18/az

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

alex,
I am not a fan of lucid dreaming {where you control the actions in your dreams} but a form of lucid dreaming where you ask questions, or in your case, look into an envelop to see what is inside, can be very beneficial to 'what may lie deep within yourself'. Since these dreams are recurring it is something that needs to be worked out.
The envelope symbol in a dream is often symbolic of
'concealing or obscuring something'. To discover what that might be would require you to look into the envelope. And since this dream is recurring you have an opportunity the next time you have such a dream to willingly 'look inside'. It might take more than one try to get yourself to do this in your dream but it is a real possibility to do.

Since the dreams are 'depressing' {the color yellow can be a symbol for depressing aspects} then what's in the envelope will most likely pertain to those emotions. Of course another way to figure out what is in the envelope is to post a recent dream for interpretation. Perhaps we can help discover what is in this yellow envelope, and what is in your life that may be depressing. Recurring dreams usually represent aspects about ourselves that have not been thoroughly addressed, unconscious conflicts that affect your waking life, acknowledge whatever the depressing aspect in your life is about.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present