Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cancelled Marriage

Hi,
I had this dream a week before. My parents were arranging a marriage for me. We were all waiting for waiting for bride groom and his family in that building. We were waiting near a staircase. Below I saw people very happy and busy with marriage works, when I was waiting. We lost hope. They didn’t come at all. My dad got angry. But I didn’t express any feelings. I was still without any expression. My dad argued with his family. But they didn’t respond in a right way. I mean they were happy and didn’t got my dad’s tension and worries. They didn’t even mind what my dad said. They were all talking rubbish. I just recalled his face. I saw his face very clearly in my dream. He looked very handsome. He was fair skinned, had no moustache, he was sitting in a cushion sofa. His face looked very happy. He was smiling at me. That second I felt bad. I thought he is not my man any more. That was the only second I felt bad. Marriage was cancelled.
Then I came to my native city. His younger brother and few of his relatives came to my house. But I didn’t felt like talking to them. I didn’t even look at their face. I just crossed them and came to my bed room. When I walked to my bed room I recalled one sentence my friend spoke (One who often pops up in my dream). My friend is a divorcee. One day he told me, even though he is divorced his wife’s younger sister used to come to his house. I recalled this exactly in my dream. But he said that in my waking life. Then I felt like telling him about that cancelled marriage. I thought of calling him on phone and telling everything to him. Because he don’t know my marriage plan. I imagined in my dream as I’m telling everything to him on phone. Then I reached my bed room. I sat on my bed. I received a phone call in my mobile. Its from one of my family friend who is a doctor. He said that my dad is still arguing with that guy’s family. He said it seems the problem may get bigger…

Then I woke up. And i used to do bibliomancy. When I prayed to god and did it, it says “ I’ve sent a message to u, but u didn’t got it exactly”. I’m very confused please help….

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 17yrs India

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Cancelled Marriage

Abi,
I will look at your dream later today and see what I can come up with. Thanks for your patience.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Abi,
I want to point out for those who do not know that you are from India. That is most important when looking at a dream because the cultural aspects of a person can lend itself to the interpretation.

Also a comment before proceeding with my interpretation. I see where you 'used' to study bibliomancy { a form of divination that seeks to know the future by randomly selecting a passage from a book, frequently a sacred text}. That is not something I would promote. Discerning the future can best be done by looking at the past and what you seek out of life. Life is full of unknowns but leaving it to mere chance to guide you is not the best way to live. Your culture offers many blessed avenues that are much more reliable than Western style 'clique' promotions. If we Americans had a better understanding of Buddhism our Western religions would fade to obscurity.

As for your dream. I am going to look at the dream in terms of the personal aspect since your age is only 17. If I see possible issues I will point to them but I believe the dream is most likely focused on the personal aspect, mainly because of your age. Of course it is still a normal aspect of life in India for arranged marriages.
In your dream I get the impression there is concern about such arrangements in your life. It may not just be about marriage in terms of man and woman but perhaps also choices in life you are making that your family dissapproves of {what is your parents feelings about your studies into bibliomancy?}. But there probably is that aspect of actual marrage that is a concern for you, hoping for the right man. In arranged marriages you often don't have that choice.

I believe your dream is addressing those fears of choices that perhaps are being influenced by others when you want to make your own choices. It may be directly tied to a real marriage {is there an actual planned arrangement of marriage by your family?}. I also get the sense you need or you wish there was someone you could confide in, someone who will listen to your views and be sympathetic.

Does any of the interpretation fit your waking life?

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hello Gerard,
Thank u. I dont have any fear of getting married. Even my parents have no idea about it now. Since im a medical student, it will take few more years to complete my studies and to get married. And i neither support love marriage nor dissmiss arranged marriage. So, i can tell this clearly, i dont have any fear of getting married (arranged) I havent thought about my marriage. My parents know i used to do bibilomancy. I think theres no problem with that. I saw that guys face very clearly.. what does it mean? usually in many such dreams face will not be clear. but here i saw it very clearly

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

I guesss I blew that assignment. Let me look and see where there may be other clues, away from the personal.
Are you Indian? I ass-u-me d you are.

Gerard

Hi gerard,
Yup. I'm Indian. To be more exact, south Indian from Tamilnadu.

Hey im waiting. U didnt reply

Abi,
Sorry not to reply sooner. If there is not a real physical marriage involved in your life then look to other areas where marriage is a metaphor. It could represent a merging or balancing of different aspects in your life. It may involve a balancing, or blending of masculine qualities with other qualities you possess. Since you are very young I tend to believe such dreams are more on the personal level more so than of a collective experience {has to do with current personal experiences and not a collective experiences}. To determine what that personal experience may be would require an in depth knowledge of your life, which I don't have. But you do.

I suggest you look at your personal life and see where there have been cancelled experiences that may fit into a 'marriage' aspect. There are a lot of masculine images which may involve masculine aspects of your own psyche. But the dream seems to be addressing personal issues so the masculine would a part of the personal life also. Your parents are involved. Where they fit is again a personal matter which only you can discern. I don't believe they, your parents, are representing aspects of your own psyche although they could be {look up parents in the dream dictionaries}. It is left up to you to put together some of these pieces of the puzzle about the personal aspects before anyone can say where they may fit and the meaning of your dream.

Gerard

Thanks Gerard. I'll think over my personal issues

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present