Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
scythe?

I had a dream which again I'm sure involved a lot more things, but the only part I can remember is walking down a long white corridor amongst rooms saying
" I'll have to go and get a scythe now!"

worrying? should I be? lol

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: scythe?

Hi Claire

Do you know of any mythological / iconic images of characters with a scythe ?
Certainly when our dreams literally speak to us it is good reason to sit up and take notice.
Anything in your life that needs to be cut down to size ? or indeed any aspects of your inner self that need to be cut down to size ?

Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Brisbane Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

and/or what is now culminated and needs release?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

I dont know. In real life I confronted someone ( again) who abused me years ago and I guess I have cut away at a lot of lies and although I have stood up for myself, uncompromisingly, I have also had to sever a lot of beliefs about certain people being on my side/believing me - so maybe it points to a sacrifice or cutting down of things to be uncompromisingly and fiercely protective of myself and the truth.

Im sorry if this 'triggers' for any one else - but the truth is the truth and noone will silence me EVER.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

Justin - the only 'mythic/iconic' figure I can think about carrying a scythe is 'death'?

Re: Re: scythe?

Hi Claire

yes that was my initial thought too - the Grim Reaper actually.
Then I thought of the light side ,,, to reap a harvest - to reap what you have sown ,,, ? harvest time. What season is it there?
JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Brisbane Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

It is Autumn ( Fall) here we do celebrate a 'harvest festival' of sorts around this time?

I vote for harvest time.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47, Nasvhille, TN

ok now it is towards the end of 'harvest time' here in the UK and the weekend of Halloween ( all hallows eve). So Harvest has ended, the clocks have gone forward (another scythe figure old is father time?) and a 'growing' relationship has ended/been messed up or run into difficulties - so I have 'reaped what I have sown' and maybe dreams/ideals and hopes have been cut down to size?

stats from 7-14-10 to the present