Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
my dream performance

First, I am not a performer...but last night I dreamed that I was in a musical. The 3rd act was a solo by me, and I didn't know the words and had to run off stage embarrassed. Then, the 4th act was a trio (me with 2 friends) but my part was rather small, and the final act was the popular song of the musical, same 3 people and we are artists singing about something? The musical was not familiar to me (I do like musicals and such).

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29 Ohio

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? NO

Re: my dream performance

Stepie,
Dream language uses metaphorical symbols to reflect the waking life's experiences. Being embarrassed over not knowing the words probably reflects emotions involving some other aspect in your life {like not being prepared for a class examine and being embarrassed}. There may instance in your waking life where you are expected to merely follow the lead, play a role even though it is not how you truly feel about the situation. There may similarities also to your waking life to the relegation to a lesser role {my part was rather small}. Compare these suggestions to your waking life and determine if they fit somewhere.

Since your dream uses a musical as the focus of your actions in the dream, then perhaps there is something about not being a 'performer' that is important to the dream message. There seems to an effort in the dream to co-ordinate different aspects of your life so they are in harmony with each other. You may not be fully aware of the influences that hold you back {perhaps feeling you lack certain abilities in some situation in your life}.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Stephie

As Gerard has posted - your life as a muscial.
We can be seen as performers in our own lives ,,, and the music is how we are aligned with 'the plot'; the more closely we are aligned (know our lines) the better the harmony.
Knowing our lines can also mean knowing our lifes purpose ,,,

your reflections ?
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Brisbane Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

I've been meeting with a therapist and she tells me that I seem to be showing feelings of being repressed or held back. So, the interpretation seems to fit what I have been hearing in therapy, but I cannot imagine what it is.

Last night I had another bizarre dream where I was part of some sort of group (almost mythical or magical) that I'm not sure how to explain. The leaders of the group would send out persons on certain jobs and I was becoming very frustrated because my husband was being sent out on so many various jobs that I never got to see him. So, at one point when he was preparing for another one, I just jumped into the shower with him - but the leaders of the group kept coming in to give last minute briefings or information. I was sent on a separate job where I had to find someone that possessed a power I don't remember...and the key was to keep them from pressing a button 5 times? I gave the person and button to the leader...but then woke up.

It is not so much the subject matter as it is the fact that all day today, I feel like I have not seen my husband in days and need to know where he is all the time. Plus, I'm just brain-dead, exhausted, and emotionally drained.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29 OHio

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Hi Stephie

Thanks for getting back and giving some feedback on the dream and background to what is going on in your life.

It might be useful to try the following mental 'trick' (our mind is good at doing tricks so it is ok) - play the game with yourself along the lines of ,,, 'well, if what my is in my dream is true, and I'll assume it is true just for now, in what ways could I / am I not engaging with my life ?' ,,, put something along these lines into your own words. Ask yourself the question - and be open to whatever comes up - even just let your imagination kick in ,,, you may need to keep the question foalting around in your head for some time. And then, when you least expect it ,,, a thought might come flitting across your mind like a butterfly ,,, the skill is then to recognise that something has flitted across your consciousness, and the next skill is to let it land and look at it

Good luck

For the other part of your reply - would you be able to re-post the second dream onto the site ? That way others, not involved in the inital dream can see that there is another dream on the site

well done
Justin

Stephie, I meant to mention ,,,

To me in your dream there is a strong archetypal image of The Actor / Actress.
This could be part of The Artist or The Performing Artist

In what ways do you / your life personify any of these archetypes ,,,

I am interested in your feedback
Justin

I'm sorry, I am fairly unfamiliar with Archetypal issues, so I had to do a little reading....but the artist is one that is trying to go beyond the senses? I'm still a bit confused.

I have always been very musical and dramatic, not professionally, but as hobby and stress relief.

So, I still need to digest the information a bit...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29 Ohio

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? NO

Re: Re: my dream performance

Hi Stephie

No apolpgies necessary - this is a learining place for us all.
Archetypes are a big topic; suffice to say that we use archetypes to describe people all the time. "she's such a princess" he's such a saint".
We seem to be more than one ,,, we are complex beings however havingin an understanding that a certain archetyps is within us can help us to understand where we are coming from in our wown lives.

If you find expression through music and have a dramatic nature ,,, that can be part of it ,,, and going beyond the senses ,,, maybe - trying to find expression for what lies beyond the senses ,,, this is why great art of any kind moves us

all the best
Justin

stats from 7-14-10 to the present