Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
death

i had a dream my best friend died

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: death

Sonny,

Dreams speak in metaphors, or symbols, within a relational context. Meaning, death has many meanings, each meaning relies on other symbols (and their meaning) in a dream. It's by examining these symbols as a whole the meaning of both a dream and the individual symbols can usually be revealed. Without the actual dream, or as much as you can recall, then only the most basic of definitions can be applied.

Please post what you recall of the dream. If you do not wish to or don't recall more, then perhaps look at the possible meanings of Death as a dream motif (click the link below).

Myths-Dreams-Symbols - Death/Dying

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Sonny, I agree with kathy's answer, and would also add:
dreaming of death usually does not symbolise death itself, but a change, a new beginning of sorts as in
"death to the old, in with the new".
The friend (if the same sex as you) could represent your 'shadow' side and may represent a dying to an old habit/trait/fear or something negative or inferior in your life that you've overcome.
You've emerged from this change, ready to start anew...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

i was looking down at my friend as she was dying, the next morning i clld her and i told her not to go anywhere and to be carefule cause i seen her die in my dream.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

sonny,
Kathy and Claire summed it up as well as can be expected with what little there is to the dream. The only thing I can add, well there are two actually. One is in your dream you are looking down at the girl who is dying. Looking down may have meaning. Also the fact that 'she' was your friend may be significant. Looking down may suggest there is a judgemental attitude. Being your friend may suggest it is a better part of yourself that is being looked down on.
These points may merely be superficial in their application but it is best not to leave any stone unturned.

And there is a 3rd thing I could add. You need never again call anyone you had a death dream about. Hopefully from your posts and the followup suggestions you have learned that dreams are metaphorical and not literal. And also have learned that the dream is about you.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present