Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
refuge from rain

In the dream, my mother and I are going to her parents (my grandparents). We find that their house is invaded by strangers who dance in the living room. My grandparents are in the balconee and we join them. We try to refuge from a huge rain that somebody says will destroy the world. People outside are trying to find refuge too.

This dream scared a lot out of me. I thought that something bad was going to happen to my grandparents, but I know that is not that simple to interpret.

Would appreciate any idea for interpreting this dream.

Elona

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28, Albania

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: refuge from rain

elona,
First thing to understand is dreams speak in metaphorical language and should not be taken literally in most instances. In your dream, strangers in your grandparents home, may be pure metaphor for something to do with you and not your grandparents per say. The relationship with your grandparents may play into the equation of the dream message but the dream most unlikely depicting a 'real' invansion of your grandparents home. At least not of real people {strangers would be metaphor}. The invasion would mostly have to do with emotional relationships if the dream is actually addressing your true grandparents at all. Your grandparents could actually represent some aspect of your own psyche {wisdom, enduring, aging}.

As for their place in your dream there seems to be focusing on the 'rain' that will destroy the world. The world the dream is speaking of is most likely your world {inner world?}. Rain often symbolizes emotions. There may be experiences in your life where emotional trauma involving your grandparents {and your mother} that the dream is focusing on. Is that the case?

If there is no emotional turmoil involving your grandparents then I would look to them being symbolic expressions of your own psyche. If, for instance, your grandparents symbolize your own wise aspects then the dream would be looking at those 'strangers' that are invading your emotional self. The strangers may represent other parts of your personality, even your shadow. The strangers may represent hidden or repressed aspects. They could even represent the above and also have something to do with your grandparents {dream interpretations are not easily discerned even to the best interpreter}.

The first thing to do is determine if there are any emotional issues involving your grandparents. Something or someone may be 'invading' that relationship. If this is the case then your mother may have an input to it also.

If there are not any issues with your grandparents then look to the purely metaphorical references to your grandparents. Focus on the destructive rain {emotions?}. Perhaps the dream is pointing to these emotions and the tsrangers are different aspects of your psyche that are getting in the way {invading} of your wiser self {grandparents}. The people outside could represent your personality or ego, which would be affected by these emotions.

Look to what I have suggested and let me know your impressions. Clarification of your emotional state of mind and/or experiences in your waking life {or both} may help in understanding your dream.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Quoting your reply:
"Perhaps the dream is pointing to these emotions and the tsrangers are different aspects of your psyche that are getting in the way {invading} of your wiser self {grandparents}. The people outside could represent your personality or ego, which would be affected by these emotions."
This so right to the point, Gerard. Thank you for your insights. I have been having problems with some aspects of my behaviour (such as shyness and anxiety) and these qualities are becoming a lifestyle, which is very bothering. My real self and wisdom's place is now taken from these bothering aspects. I know I have to deal with this, but it is just becoming overwhelming. Last night I dreamt of a meteor which was coming to destroy the Earth! there is a pattern in my dream now, so it must be that the meteor, the rain or whatever nature force is in fact a metaphor. My world has to change.
Thanks
elona

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Elona,
Thanks for the follow up response. As for the dream from last night. Meteors puncture the earth's atmosphere causing friction. This friction that the meteor causes may represent those anxieties you speak of in your life, the personal frictions, those negative characteristics that are threatening to take control. The earth is you, and the outer atmosphere could very well represent your outer personality and traits. The destructive force that the meteor represents may indeed be those needed changes you wish for. As difficult as those changes may be, with every death {or threat of death} there is a renewal of new possibilities. The awareness you now have of the needed changes in your life is the first step in making those changes. The next big step is to set out on on a deliberate path to change what needs to be changed and stick with the program in doing so. This is a most difficult task and it requires much DISCIPLINE. I put it in capital letters to reinforce the need to stay the course once you set out on your path. In the hero/heroine motif it is that discipline that defines success or failure. It is up to you. One step at a time and within time you will notice the positive changes.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

thank you Gerard. I truly aspire to do so.
elona

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

stats from 7-14-10 to the present