Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
walrus

The walrus was laying across the back of my legs.So when 2people came to the door and invited me outside,I said I couldn't go out, because I was stuck.The room was my own, it had curved walls and a rounded ceiling,a warm clay colour(a lot of my dream rooms are like this).Nothing elce in the room.///In waking life I have fibromyalga, mainly in my legs.I was feeling weak in the legs from a day out.I thorght of how walruses move, and it looks like they do with great difficulty.The dream is how I feel,but I wondered if there may be some useful info in it.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 41 country NSW

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? this one

Re: walrus

nicola,
as you have rightly stated,physical problems can manifest themselves in dreams,
having a walrus on your legs would be a good metaphor for your condition,
the other thing that crossed my mind was,
they may be cumbersome on land,but in the water they are in their element,
may sound a bit crazy,but could it be telling you the benefits that you may obtain from some sort of hydro therapy,just a thought,
i to have leg disabilities due to a spinal injury from a climbing fall many years ago,
i dreampt of seals etc,and swimming has done more for me than any drug could,i also took up kayaking again,
opened up all sorts of opportunities,
adaptation is a key to survival,
hope this is of use to you.
regards steve

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Nicola,
The added personal info about yourself may help lead us to the symbolism of the walrus in your dream. Animals can represent many different aspects but the association of their actions and/or traits usually are the reason for an inclusion into a dream. Also, very often in the days prior to the dream such animals were a part of your waking experience {saw a walrus on TV, at the zoo, etc.}.

A walrus indeed has difficulty in maneuvering. It often looks as if they are just naturally slow, which they are out of water. This may allude to your symptoms of physical and mental fatigue brought on by the fibromyalgia. Although your condition prevents you from many physical and normally ordinary tasks, it doesn't preclude you from being active. And that may be what the dream is addressing. Mentally and physically in your condition you are stuck. You must take things slow when out of water {your physical handicap}. But your mental awareness and aptitude is well and active, like a walrus in water. You know deep down you can not let this condition completely shut you down. If a walrus didn't have choices {the water to escape to} then it would surely become a meal for predators. Perhaps the dream is saying there are things within yourself and your life that provides an escape even with your debilitating condition. You can not just roll over and let the preditors {your own inner negative attitudes} devour you. Does this fit?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

firstly,my computer refuses to transpose spaces along with the words. ..so theres no gaps ,but please feel free to take a breath now and again. Thanks Steve , The dream could be telling me that swimming or hydro-therapy would be helpful for the symptoms in my legs, and it probably would; I use to love swimming ,I’m sure I swam like a seal - with a big smile on my face. But for many reasons it’s not possible.///How ever I do agree that those simple “life style” things like food, sleep and place ,can make a big difference to our wellbeing.// It is very nice to have your input, Thank-you, Nicola. Gerard ,Thanks, This walrus came ‘out of the blue’. But when I have seen them on tv - the males with their tusks, defending their harem, its fairly strong stuff. No doubt you have seen something like this your self. //I think failing to mention that the walrus was a male, and that I wasn’t really disappointed when I wasn’t able to go out, makes quite a difference. And the walrus wasn’t lying down , he was ‘sitting up’ watching. Perhaps in my telling of the dream, I made it sound like going out with others was better than being in. I was only slightly disappointed at not going out.(does every one get that slight echo, ‘you’ll be lonely’) how ever, I felt ok staying in. ///I agreed with the premise of your interpretation ,…. that there is a great deal more to life than illness, and that finding something one can really ‘swim in’ gives it a real zing. //I remember now that I used my illness as an excuse, the day before ,to excuse myself from a gathering I didn’t want to be at anymore. Devious , yes!. But also protective, as I find this group of people treacherous to deal with -a real minefeild. I take them on in small doses. I realise now that I had left out significant imfo….making your task even harder !! The interpretation was a useful reminder though. Thanks again, Nicola.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 41 country NSW Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present