Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Out of body experience or psychic?

Hi all,

Had a very very interesting experience to mornings ago:

Amoung a series of dreams, this:

I reach over to the nightstand next to my bed for my mobile phone to check the time. It is ten til seven, a.m.

That was the dream and I drift off into a state of being almost awake but not quite. Until my alarm on my mobile wakes me up at 7:30, 40 minutes later.

After waking up and reflecting on the experience I realize the 'dream' I had was probably exactly 40 minutes before my alarm went off.

I am sure that I was asleep and did not actually wake up to check my phone and go back to sleep. The nightstand is too far away and when I was waking up it was as if I was in a deep sleep.

But somehow, even in my dream, I was perfectly aware of what time it was and that I had to get up for class soon!

This reminded me of a dream I had a month ago:

I'm making a birthday present for a friend, because her birthday is in the middle of October. I later asked my friend her birthday and she said middle of October exactly, October 15th.

After the second dream I had a very uncanny feeling of having psychic abilities through dreams....

any ideas would be sooo interesting.........

May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35/Europe

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Out of body experience or psychic?

May,
The feeling of possessing psychic abilities through dreams is something I have given much thought. I am starting to believe there is real evidence of it being possible. For one thing when working with dreams, in the form and fashion we Jungians approach dreams, we are enhancing our intuitive minds. The intuitive senses we possess, women have a big edge on men in this capacity, naturally, border on a physical reality of the human psyche. Intuitive is an aspect of the human psyche. But the ability to discern certain information from a dream, reading a dream more so than just interpreting symbols, is a metaphysical function as much as a physical trait. But I don't see it as all that 'unnatural', in the sense that we can develop our intuitive minds with practice and discipline. I believe this is where Jung and Campbell and others who study the psyche have shown us the way to delve deeper into the unconscious and develop a relationship that is beyond the norm.

I have for the past several months used basketball as a part of my physical routine of physical fitness {physical fitness has been part of my life style for the past 25+ years}. Shooting a basketball and putting into a small circular realm is partially physical, partially intuitive. A jump shot at 30 feet is using psychic abilities of hand and eye coordination. I have practiced using these psychic abilities to an extreme, shooting the ball above my head without the normal eye to basket contact. I am amazed at my ability to put the ball in the basket. For me this shows I can enhance certain intuitive abilities during actual physical demonstrations. When shooting basketball I practice control first. Just as with studying dreams using Jung, understanding the psyche and its natural abilities, by learning to control the ball and then using an instinctive mind to shoot it, WOW!. I get pretty damn good at it. And I attribute it to my intuitive self as much as a physical adeptness to do so.

I will address this subject more later. I have to pay the social dragon this morning, work over play. I would be interested in other's thoughts on this subject and any personal experiences.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

May,
I had an experience today, after I had made my last above post. It follows other experiences of a similar nature over the past couple of months {perhaps longer but they have become more noticeable}. It has to do with what we would probably call a 'physic experience'.

I am a fence contractor and we had a job to start in Nashville this morning. I have a very reliable and dependable Hispanic crew and seldom have any problems with their work. The job this morning was supposed to be one style of fence and they installed a different style. I learned this just within the past 30 minutes.
What struck me when learning about their mistake was not just they did it wrong but I instantly remember my impressions from this morning, which were as follows....

After I had left the crew at the job site and gave them the instructions on what to do I headed back to Murfreesboro {20 minute drive}. I had this uneasy feeling about 10 minutes after I had left, I needed to turn around and go back to the job site. For what reasons I didn't know. I just had these negative impressions. Often I react to the impressions but this morning I thought to myself 'what could go wrong'? Every other job goes smoothly why shouldn't this one? I ignored that 'first' impression which, when intuitively aware, is always right.

Similar experiences as the one above have become more profound since I have noticed them. There have been many instances where I thought about something, or an impression comes up and have it happen in reality soon after. The experience with my crew most likely was associated with a mental note, an unconscious recognition of the possibly I may have overlooked something in communicating with my crew foreman. In the end that must have been part of the case since he installed the wrong style. {Dreams compensate and so does the unconscious mind?} But when I add this experience to the others that seem to be getting more numerous, and profound, I have to ask, are these mere synchronistic events or are they truly psychic events? If we do dig deep down and explore the psyche does that open us up to new possibilities of understanding, access to the psychic realm?

More about my post this morning. We know a particular instinct is universal within the same species. Joseph Campbell's tale about how turtles hatch from their nest on the beach and automatically run for the ocean. They instinctively know. Instinctive knowledge ingrained in the DNA.
Intuitive intelligence is something I believe we can develop. When I read a dream, or shoot a 30 ft jump shot with a basketball, I am developing my intuitive abilities. Just as other animals have natural range abilities beyond that of humans, people also possess certain 'higher' qualities that most are not aware {stuck in the social, material world}. Perhaps if we actively work to refine and expand these abilities they will develop. I believe everything is explainable but there are those things we know little about that are a part of our human fabric that we do not fully understand. In the mind of a pure scientist there is not a metaphysical realm, psychic realm, but only the explainable reality around us. But if the metaphysical aspects within the psyche are inherent? When we discuss archetypes we are talking about a still largely undiscovered world. The soul is not something that one sees on an operating table. Dream work is soul work and to participate in the metaphysical we feed the soul.

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Perhaps the most overwhelming evidence of the psychic abilities of dreams can be found in the life of Edgar Cayce. Following is an excerpt from Cayce's website which not only talks about the psychic relationship of dreams but also addresses the personal aspect of dreams. Its hard to differeniate between Cayce's experiences and Jung's philosophies on dreams.

From Edgar Cayce.org

Long before the importance of dreams were being examined by modern psychologists, Edgar Cayce the most documented psychic of all time – was encouraging all individuals to work with their dreams. Cayce often counseled business professionals, housewives, students, health care professionals, children and all adults to examine their dreams as a means of gathering insights about their lives, their relationships, their hopes, their dreams, their health, their emotional state of being, and even their futures.

In nearly 900 psychic discourses, Cayce interpreted individuals’ dreams and explained how the dream images and symbols were most often connected to activities and experiences occurring in the dreamer’s waking life. In fact, the Cayce readings suggest that dreams often contrast and correlate the events of the day.

From Cayce’s perspectives dreams can examine physical problems, explore psychology information and even present information from higher states of awareness – including spiritual truths, precognitive insights into the future and an exploration of personal past lives. With this in mind, the readings encouraged individuals to work with dreams as a means of becoming aware of one’s self, one’s relationship to others, and one’s relationship to God.

The last paragraph could have been easily mistaken as have been written by Jung himself

Gerard

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for your thoughts.

In reading your posts I began to realize that 'phychic' and 'intuitive' have soooo much in common......

It is very interesting...

Case in point..

a long time ago we had out of town guests and my dad and brother took them out for a drive in the mountains nearby. my mom and sister and I stayed home, mom was making lunch. At one point she said, I'm worried about your dad and brother. After they came home, and we had finished lunch my dad told her they had a car accident and the car nearly went off the side of the mountain...but a small rock blocked one of the tires and held the car up...

This was happening at the same time that my mom was telling us she was very worried about my dad...

psychic or intuitive...there is a similarity.

I tried to find articles and books to read about developing my intuition. I've always felt (before) that intuition was somehow more 'valid', more 'real', but now I realize that what I call intuition and can support with even 'rational' arguements about how the unconscious gathers information faster than our mind can, is not so different from psychic. Being psychic has been given a bad name among 'skeptics'.

I also agree that 'psychic' or 'intuitive' is a function of the soul. I got this idea from my two dreams that came true...about the time and my friend's birthday.

If all of Jung claims is true...our soul is something so grand and so beyond our rational mind's comprehension, that to experience it in its wholeness, or attempt to do so, is to glimse its interconnectedness with the cosmic reality...and to discover perhaps, it is not so seperate from ALL. As our bodies contain the same minerals as the stars....what does our soul contain..what does our true nature consist of...who are we....

its easy to philosophize, but after having real life experiences..via my dreams...I know

that my psyche knows.....

Best,
May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35/Europe

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

May,
That is the point I wish to drive home. The intuitive aspect of the psyche is related to any so called psychic abilities one may possess. Actually we all possess abilities, it all depends on how developed they are. Edgar Cayce had an ability beyond the norm {way beyond}. I believe all things are explainable, all things are within the realms of nature. If it exists it is because nature has a hand in its existance.

Let's dwell on the natural aspect I speak of for a moment. It is 'natural selection' and not supernatural abilities that provides humans, and other species, with their 'psychic' abilities. Early man needed such intuitive abilities to survive, whereas modern man either has developed mechanical resources to replace the need for such intuitive insights or no longer use them because they are not needed {at least outwardly}. But these abilities are still a part of the human psyche, and with most such abilities being buried deep in the darkness of the unconscious psyche. With practice, and education in understanding the psyche, most anyone can develope these abilities.

Jung's archetypes are based on the primal mind of early man. Those impressions of our earliest evolution {including emotions} are inprinted on the universal human psyche. Because we have evolved away from the need to use these natural abilities does not mean we no longer possess them. They lay dormant, ready for inclusion in our lives if we choose purposely to develope them individually. Some people have natural abilities that are a part of their lives whether they choose them or not. But these people are a small minority with the rest of us needing to consciously develope these abilities. Intuitiveness is the most recognizable 'psychic' ability available to man. The question becomes, what other natural psychic abilities are available to humans?

Perhaps by looking at other earthly species we can discern what these abilities {if any} may be. Many animals can foresee earthquakes before they happen. This is not because nature 'tells' them an earthquate is about to occur, it is because of the vibrations of the various senses that naturally inform these animals. Prior to the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami many different species of animals took to higher ground before, naturally knowing what was about to happen {or at least knowing to take to higher ground for survival}.

Ocean dwelling species as well as most species of birds can access the vibrations of the magnectic pole. They know instinctly to follow these impluses. It is not a supre natural event, it is merely a component of nature which has provided these species with abilities that help them survive. These abilities are imprinted in all these species and not just one in a hundred or one in a million of a particular species.

Having studied dreams and all the related subjects that help us better understand ourselves, this subject of psychic abilities for me has become the next step in study of the human psyche. Dreams are a part of that study of the psyche. And not just the human psyche but the 'universal' psyche as well.

psyche
The 'totality' of the conscious and unconscious life. The mind considered as an organic system reaching all parts of the body and serving to adjust the total organism to the needs or demands of the environment.

Dreams and Myth
Dreams and myths are constellations of archetypal images. They are not free compositions by an artist who plans them for artistic or informational effects. Dreams and myths happen to human beings. The archetype speaks through us. It is a presence and a possibility of "significance." The ancients called them "gods" and "goddesses."

The above paragraph suggests that the origin of dreams and myth are themselves a product of 'psychic' processes. Are humans merely psychic aberations of the highest source? Intuitive, inquiring minds need to know.

Gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present