Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
pregnancy of guilt

Hi I dreamt of being with my family and my boyfriend, and walking towards somewhere where we crossed paths with someone I knew. Someone only I knew, it was a man and his partner, and I knew the man, and have met his partner as well. Yet my family seemed to know him like an old family friend.
Anyway in the waking life I was guilty and still am of doing something, that I wish not to write about, because it is upsetting, yet you might be able to guess what it was from the symbology of the dream perhaps.

Well when we crossed paths, the partner of this man I knew was pregant, and she accused me in front of everyone, what that I kept secret. She said something like the baby she was carrying was my fault, or was part of her...it's confusing.
I was embarrassed, and later my mother screamed at me for hurting the person I love, my boyfriend.
She screamed, while I was crying, finding out from someone that my boyfriend was also crying, yet I couldn't find him, and was screaming out his name,
and that's how I woke up.

The thing that happened in the waking life happened about two years ago, and yet I still feel guilty, is the dream still highlighting this guilt. I am not sure, the dream dictionary describes that pregnancy in a symbol of a new beginning, does this apply to me?
please help,
thank you
Magda

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 Melbourne Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: pregnancy of guilt

Magda,
The dream is trying to help you work through your guilt. The pregnancy could represent a new birth but with anything new into this world there is an end to something else {death and rebirth, a common dream motif}. Whatever the guilt, if you have taken steps to remedy whatever it was that caused the guilt in the first place, then you are in the first months of the 'pregnancy'. This is confronting the 'shadows' and is a must if there is to be a new birth. The problem with keeping secrets is they can manifest themselves into something much worse if left alone on their own accord.

Have you consulted family or friends about this subject? Since it is so very personal you do not wish to post in on line {you have every right not to do so} then it is important to be able to 'let it out' in some fashion to someone. Holding it in only exacerbates the probelm. Since you are aware of the underlying causations of this conflict, I suggest you work on that aspect also. I look at your dream and see not only a personal aspect the dream is addressing but also a deeper aspect, probably focused on causation.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thanks Gerard.
Oh I have talked about my 'secret' with the counsellor a long time ago, and have told my boyfriend at the same time the truth, yet not the whole truth, and myabe that's why I still feel guilty, or maybe I just feel guilty because I did it.
The 'truth' was 'partial truth', and the partial truth was hurtful enough, so I stopped there.

This man, I had an affair with, I regret it so much, and it's been two years now. I don't know why the dream appeared, I guess I was afraid of loosing my boyfriend, whom I love very much, and am guilty for hurting him.

We never talk with my boyfriend about what happened two years ago, and I am glad, but I don't know if he thinks about it.

Maybe the dream appeared because I keep in contact with the 'other man' by e-mail. I would like not to, we are only friends now, but being friends just reminds me of the guilt, so I wish to stop even writing emails to him, maybe that's what the dream is asking me to do, completely cut ties with him.
(somehow I have this urge to keep in contact)

I don't know why the guilt is still there, maybe I should talk about this with my counsellor again.

thanks again
regards
Magda

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

any further comments anyone?
cheers
Magda

stats from 7-14-10 to the present