Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
hurt and healing in dreams?

Can dreams, or can we ask dreams to help us deal with the negative feelings resulting from a break up, such as 'hurt'?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: hurt and healing in dreams?

Claire,
There is reason to believe if we ask dreams to focus on a particular emotion or aspect there can be an 'answer' to such requests. But it gets back to a proper interpretation of the dream to know for sure. I suggest the best way to find out if indeed such requests are answered is to focus on the subject you wish to know more about for a period of time. Perhaps each night before retiring you can remind yourself of the question. Take a few minutes prior to bedtime and focus on that one subject.
Let us know the results.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

I tend to think of every dream as a pointer toward a direction of wholeness.

I wonder if some dreams are more than that, but I find it useful from a practical standpoint to regard my own dreams in this way.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47, Nasvhille, TN

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

hmmm and also have just read an article about how feelings of depression/hurt occur before needing to once again confront the 'shadow' and see what we have stored up in out 'shadow bag' yet again.

so what is hurt from being dumped and what is hurt from needing to intergrate the shadow yet again?

I will let you know if i get any answers

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

Claire,
I'm sorry for your loss and hurt. It's a difficult gate to pass through once opened but you will do so.

From my experience, dreams are the full spectrum of life, the limitless of our true nature, true being. My dreams pose questions, 'allow' communication with others, solve problems, act as my spiritual compass, order and catalog the waking life experience, and as Pryzm states, point in the direction of wholeness.

Dreams are the balance of true nature to waking Self, so yes, we can ask and will receive.

Kind regards,

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

very vague dreams last night, even after focusing on the 'problem' resolutions etc before retiring for the night.
All I can remember is travelling with a man, a friend something about work and teaching - probably just a reminder to going back to work, after 'half term' here.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present