Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dream Last night

I have been having struggles in my life recently with relationships, panic and anxiety I had a dream today. I woke up panicky and anxious and went back to bed. I had a dream that along the lines of I was in a gang war and someone had hurt me. I came back to find him and I took out a bazooka and started firing at him! I wanted revenge for what he had done to me. The first two missed, although the second put this mans head on fire, and the third hit him but didn't explode. He threw it back at me in shock and as I looked at it it was on fire. A bomb on fire but it was not exploding and did not explode. Somehow after an ambulance came and was trying to save the man that I attacked and then I ran away in fear of being caught. I am not sure exactly what the dream means. At first I thought it meant the situation I am in is going to explode...but then I realized the bomb was on fire and never exploded...and then the ambulance came and started fixing the man up...Any other interpretations would help. Thanks for any help

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 22 Lowell, Ma US

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Dream Last night

Hi Joel

Usually a figure of the same sex in your dream represents your shadow. You are literally 'at war' with that side of yourself and self-destruction is implied. The shadow can only be faced and intergrated, if it is 'attacked' it will reflect it back to you, as in the dream and if ignored then may be 'projected' onto others.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 f

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

That is an extremely good point Claire! I didn't even think of that but it makes a very good sense to me. The man did seem shocked that I would try to hurt him...almost hurt...like he could not believe I was so angry. As well I should mention I have started Therapy up and have been highly investigative of myself lately. This has happened to me before and when it does my dreams tend to be more significant then under 'normal circumstances. The fact that an ambulance and a nurse were trying to repair the man I injured make me wonder as to what that means as well. Perhaps showing myself I am trying to repair the damage done? As well, you say the shadow needs to be integrates...that leads to how does one begin to do that? Thanks for any Help.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

congratulations on commencing your journey in therapy.
It sounds like you are committed to healing or integration with yourself, something some people merely ignore or 'gloss over' and go through life without self knowledge or growth.
It sounds like you are taking the steps you want to and this is reflected in your dreams?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 f

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Dear Joel,

My first feelings about your dream is that you feel caught up in this situation, unable to escape. Perhaps you feel torn up between helping him, someone, or the sitation or just escaping from it. There are obvious feelings of revenge and also guilt. You said "i was in a gang war and someone had hurt me", what do you think the gang could signify, i.e a collective group, or collective emotions that are hurting you, yet in the end it is this man that is important in the dream, the man you want to take revenge on. Any emotions dealing with intimate relationships, sexuality?
I hope I don't confuse you more, just trying to pull out the main symbols for you to think about,
take care
Magda

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 Melbourne Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Also Joel,
you might want to see the dream as a positive first step, 'fire on the man' may signify a need to get rid of him, and then you looking at it, are you holding it? Somehow I thought that you were holding it in your hands??? Anyway this fire could be healing, cleansing of the pent up emotions, a release.
thanks
Magda

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 Melbourne Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

I felt the fire had a cleansing aspect as well...the fact that it the bomb did not explode makes me feel that the situation was no longer explosive but being worked on. Also I find it interesting about the gang war how you relate it to collective emotions or unconscious...I like that. However the man in the dream was a friend who betrayed me, which is why I felt a need to hurt him so, Claire's idea that he was the shadow I think made sense, he was of dark color and a male...Thanks for the all the help all anymore is always appreciated.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present