Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
fox friend

Hi I dreamt last night of a fox,
I was standing in the middle of the road, on a grass strip, the road had two directions, and I was standing the middle on the strip, with a friend, I don't know who it was. The road also seemed to be in a valley.
Anyway we saw a fox running through the road, he didn't look exactly like a fox, its fur was in two colours, a bit curly and long.
He seemed to be looking back at me, and almost after passing from one side of the road to the other, he came to me. Its manner was almost humane, I felt that he liked me.
He was standing close to me, almost 'kissing my face'and then we decided to take him home.
The dream after this gets a bit blurry, but I remember spending more time with the fox at home, and feeling his affection for me.
In the house, I remember a room, where the linen kept changing, to make the room fresh all the time.
And this time when I came in, the linen was taken off for washing. The room looked bare a bit, I remember a window, and not much more in the room, two beds?

I have dreamt of a fox few months ago, and at that time, I felt warm emotions from that fox too.
Sexual energy? Yet somehow foxes are seen as cunning, I am slightly confused.

any ideas?
thanks
Magda

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 Melbourne Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: fox friend

Magda,
In seeking the inner guide we are confronted with two choices. One is to dwell in the ego-centered life of opposites. The other is to seek higher ground, self discovery, creativity and spirituality. This is the road of the hero/heroine in mythology. Your first paragraph seems to be directed at this aspect in your life. Two opposite directions you have to choice from, with the valley representing going within, exploring your inner realms.

Foxes, while often seen as cunning and perhaps deceit, are also known for their insight and intellect. They are also solitary animals. To travel the hero path one must do it alone {although there are the helping hands of fate along the way}. Spending time with the fox may be your super conscious self seeking to spend more time with the inner journey. Evolving changes become part of life because of the discoveries from the inner journey {linen}. The inner Self becomes the new identity to be reconciled. Your desire will be to spend more time with this aspect of self.

Although the choices may be clear the actual changes needed may have not been fully implemented. In the last part of your dream there is that need for washing the linen and there are still the opposites {two beds}. Confusion is common place when making such defining decisions in life.

As for the personal aspects of the dream I suggest you look for instances where actual life experiences fit the above motif. You mentioned sexual energy. Was that for a reason or just an after thought? Do the two beds have meaning in context with the sexual aspect?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: fox friend

Hi Gerard,
thank you for your very helpful response.
I think the dream helps me in a way, well I have been waiting for it for a while, something that represents the positive choices I might have taken so far to become a fulfilled person, with a healthy and positive energy.

Yes, I have felt the positive energy of the fox in the dream, it had so much love and calm about it, i intuitively felt those positive emotions, but like you said, there is the confusion sometimes.
And sometimes I don't know what makes me unhappy, or why I do things a certain way, or what should I do about it.
Why I asked about sexual energy? Well I looked up the dream dictionary, it mentioned sexual energy, also I see myself as a very sensual person, seeking for that sensuality, I also assumed since the fox had love for me, and felt it was kissing my face.
What I find interesting is that this fox came with me home, where in waking life, home as family really needs working on, as there's not much support there between family memebers, and not real honesty.

thank you again Gerard,
I just read your response now, I will think about it more, and perhaps I should write my dreams in a diary, I have been doing it for a while and then abandoned it, i know some members of this forum use a diary.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 Melbourne Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present