Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
alarm sound

Hi everyone,
have been feeling down lately, and the dream last night seems to illustrate that and shows some kind of urgency to me.
I dreamt i was at home, and my family that is my brother and my parents, left home to go shopping perhaps, while I stayed home.
Something wasn't right about how i felt maybe it mirrored my waking life. Anyway, my dad had some kind of security system on the wall, which was few meters long and took the lenght and width of the whole wall.
Anyway when they left I wanted to steal something that was being secured by the security system, but in the end i just activated the alarm which was sounding in the house, and it made my dad come home with the rest of family very quickly, he was concerned about the system being activated, but i just told him i activated it by mistake, by brushing my hand against the wall.
I don't know what this might mean, me trying to steal made me feel guilty, and the alarm, I see at the moment as a warning or urgency sign in my waking life.
Can anyone please help me?

thanks
Magda

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 Melbourne Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: alarm sound

Hi Magda,
Have you looked at a dream titled...something about works of art. Perhaps it was one of Justin's, the theme of stealing comes up, and it is not something you need to be frightened of.
Ive oftern found in dreams that authority figures need there papers checked.
So, until you get an interpretation, don't panic! It is likely that these family members are aspects of an inner dilema.
Nicola

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 41 country NSW Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

it was ANCIENT ARTWORKS from Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 41 country NSW Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Magda,

The family leaving could represent a collection of aspects you are not drawing upon. They are not accessible, or repressed. Shopping could be the array of traits within, meaning we often choose what we need. Dad could be the inner authority aspect, the personal code of ethics being those rules and morals developed to date. These most likely originate from the external…family, social dictates, general social law and exposure to religion. The wall and security system would be that which you employ to keep out externals…an attempt to protect your emotional Self. There is some aspect you now require, locked away inside you. The wall erected for Self defense or protection does not allow or permit this so stealing is a way to secretly access or utilize this. Yet the Psyche (the entire group returns) is all knowing. An excuse is devised, in attempt to prevent the authority aspect from knowing. But the excuse itself, brushing the hand against the wall, is itself reveals or communicates to the authority aspect a desire to emotional development (brush = touch = emotion) and properly utilize this (hand being what we do something with) necessary trait.

Of course, is this interpretation seems to fit exactly what trait or aspect you now need only you would know. It would appear to be linked with emotions and repression or containment as an act of Self protection. Possibly developed as a result of past negative experience.

Hope this helps. Let us know what you think the dream message could be.

Thanks,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Hi Kathy, thank you so much for replying.
I need some time to think about what you wrote, but on a quick impulse, the dream means to me the feelings lately, about my family.

It seems that in waking life we are not very good at communicating. While I am sometimes feeling down on myself, no one in my family knows, because I try not to show it in front of them. Maybe this dream indicates my desire to be open to my family or us all to become open, yet I or we don't know how.

Lately, or sometimes I feel closer to my dad then before. I don't know why, my mum is the authority figure, and perhaps I seem to emphasize with my dad.
I haven't dreamt about my dad much, until this dream.

I guess the dream is saying I can get closer to them through 'touch' that is, true emotions.
That task seems too hard on my own, when we have been like this as a family for long time now, I don't know, that is my observation.

kind regards,
Magda

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 Melbourne Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present