www.powerofdreams.net

mythsdreamssymbols.com

Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,primarily Jungian
5000+ Dreams

Interpreted
Gerald's GO
Rescue Kitty Fund

NOTICE: Age/Gender REQUIRED For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis REQUIRED
My Analysis are FREE. For Compensation Please Donate to My Kitty Fund.
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy
Due to Full Time Responsibilities of Animal Rescue {Cats}
Dream Forum Closed
Private Dream Analysis Available {Compensation}...Request Analysis at mythsdreams@hotmail.com
5000+ Posted Dreams with Interpretations follows 'Dreams - What They Are and Their Function'
Read the following
Dreams - What They Are and Their Function
Dreams are a succession of images, actions and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind primarily during the REM stage of sleep. Dreams are unbiased, spontaneous products of the unconscious, outside the control of conscious will. The act of dreaming is physical but the contents of dreams is psychological. They are NATURAL expressions of the dreamer's emotional/personal life illustrating experiences that possess strong emotional energies. Although there are literal applications in dreams the primarily language is symbolic, metaphorical of the dreamer's emotional energies.
  • 1. Dreams are about the emotions, emotional energies of the person who is dreaming. They offer advice and a deeper understanding of our waking life as well as the foundations for the emotional energies of the dreamer.

• 2. The language of dreams is symbolic, but also with literal applications {literal waking experinces}. The symbolic images and actions are metaphors for the patterns or motifs for the dreamer's emotional/psychological/physical life. Every character in a dream is a different aspect of an unacknowledged aspect of the dreamer and/or a prevalent situation in the person's life involving actual persons/experiences {dreams will address both aspects}.

• 3. The purpose and function of dreams is to guide the conscious self to achieve wholeness and offer a solution to the problems in waking life. Solutions to problems and conflicts from everyday life, as well as the deeper underlying issues, 'emotional injuries' that stem from the foundations of the dreamer {early life experiences and trama experiences in life}.
    ---Dreams attempt to reveal the authentic emotions and feelings that are often concealed from the conscious mind.
    ---Dreams compensate for conscious attitudes and personality traits that are out of balance.

• 4. Dreams are intentional. Nature provides us with dreams to understand and help heal emotional conflicts/issues. Just as the body has the immune system to heal and protect, the psych{ology} has the dream.

• 5. Dreams possess 'Archteypal' representations. Archetypes are universal, original patterns and images that derive from the collective unconscious and are the psychic counterpart of instinct. An archetype is an inherited tendency of the human mind to form representations of mythological motifs-representations of the symbolic images/actions without losing their basic emotional pattern. Dreams and mythology share the same archetypal images, myths as illustrations of the universal patterns and dreams as illustrations of personal patterns.

• 6. All dreams have at least two meanings or applications. One is the symbolic representation, metaphorical of the emotional energies, and the second being a literal application where a person, place or experience is addressing a real life experience. More about this in the Basics of Dream Analysis section at Power of Dreams

• read more
    Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    alarm sound

Hi everyone,
    have been feeling down lately, and the dream last night seems to illustrate that and shows some kind of urgency to me.
    I dreamt i was at home, and my family that is my brother and my parents, left home to go shopping perhaps, while I stayed home.
    Something wasn't right about how i felt maybe it mirrored my waking life. Anyway, my dad had some kind of security system on the wall, which was few meters long and took the lenght and width of the whole wall.
    Anyway when they left I wanted to steal something that was being secured by the security system, but in the end i just activated the alarm which was sounding in the house, and it made my dad come home with the rest of family very quickly, he was concerned about the system being activated, but i just told him i activated it by mistake, by brushing my hand against the wall.
    I don't know what this might mean, me trying to steal made me feel guilty, and the alarm, I see at the moment as a warning or urgency sign in my waking life.
    Can anyone please help me?

thanks
    Magda

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 Melbourne Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: alarm sound

Hi Magda,
    Have you looked at a dream titled...something about works of art. Perhaps it was one of Justin's, the theme of stealing comes up, and it is not something you need to be frightened of.
    Ive oftern found in dreams that authority figures need there papers checked.
    So, until you get an interpretation, don't panic! It is likely that these family members are aspects of an inner dilema.
    Nicola

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 41 country NSW Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

it was ANCIENT ARTWORKS from Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 41 country NSW Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Magda,

The family leaving could represent a collection of aspects you are not drawing upon. They are not accessible, or repressed. Shopping could be the array of traits within, meaning we often choose what we need. Dad could be the inner authority aspect, the personal code of ethics being those rules and morals developed to date. These most likely originate from the external…family, social dictates, general social law and exposure to religion. The wall and security system would be that which you employ to keep out externals…an attempt to protect your emotional Self. There is some aspect you now require, locked away inside you. The wall erected for Self defense or protection does not allow or permit this so stealing is a way to secretly access or utilize this. Yet the Psyche (the entire group returns) is all knowing. An excuse is devised, in attempt to prevent the authority aspect from knowing. But the excuse itself, brushing the hand against the wall, is itself reveals or communicates to the authority aspect a desire to emotional development (brush = touch = emotion) and properly utilize this (hand being what we do something with) necessary trait.

Of course, is this interpretation seems to fit exactly what trait or aspect you now need only you would know. It would appear to be linked with emotions and repression or containment as an act of Self protection. Possibly developed as a result of past negative experience.

Hope this helps. Let us know what you think the dream message could be.

Thanks,
    Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Hi Kathy, thank you so much for replying.
    I need some time to think about what you wrote, but on a quick impulse, the dream means to me the feelings lately, about my family.

It seems that in waking life we are not very good at communicating. While I am sometimes feeling down on myself, no one in my family knows, because I try not to show it in front of them. Maybe this dream indicates my desire to be open to my family or us all to become open, yet I or we don't know how.

Lately, or sometimes I feel closer to my dad then before. I don't know why, my mum is the authority figure, and perhaps I seem to emphasize with my dad.
    I haven't dreamt about my dad much, until this dream.

I guess the dream is saying I can get closer to them through 'touch' that is, true emotions.
    That task seems too hard on my own, when we have been like this as a family for long time now, I don't know, that is my observation.

kind regards,
    Magda

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 Melbourne Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present