Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sea horse

Hi all,

Last night before going to bed I asked my psyche for an inspiring dream, as I had a presentation this morning for one of my graduate programs and have some things I have to do for the other one and this is what I got:

I live in a quiet and beautiful grassy town. I go outside and there are children playing in the street. I walk back up past the children and towards my new home where my husband and I live and there is a wide grassy area. I stop and look closely, not only does it evoke strong memories of my childhood backyard and how it bordered on our neighboors backyard's that we all as kids loved to play in, but it is also a much, much larger area, and beyond, it reaches to the sea...rather than more land.

A large white and black horse emerges from this sea, and it comes towards me. I am so afraid of this horse. I run to the outside of me and my husband's home and lie in the grass. I began to laugh. The horse begins to laugh. Two neighboor girls come out of the house next door, they want to lie down in the grass with us as well but I do not want them to. I don't say no, but the horse raises a large human hand (?) and waves them away. Only I am privileged for this experience. After that my husband comes out of the house and we make love outside. (?)

There were several other dreams I had right before this, one having to do with telling a friend who created a new product that he should market it in the front of the store. There was a fragment before that or another dream which I forgot.

This dream was very different from my other ones. It had a sense of expansiveness, of space to breath, as well as of awesome power. I can't describe it, it was amazing.

Would love your thoughts. And yesterday my husband told me he is working on buying us a home....so that also could have some meaning relative to the dream somehow or vice versa.

Thank you all,
May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35/Europe

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Sea horse

Hi may,
if the sea represents the unconscious,the black and white horse could represent the yin yang dynamic,a symbol of the unified self,
this coming out of the unconscious (the sea) into consciousness (the land )this aspect of your self,is in the process of becoming known or is inviting you to become more aquainted with it,
you end up making love ,it is a mutual act in your dream, which suggests to me that you are or have achieved some sort of psychological balance,
altogether positive progress.
i may be off the mark,
but many hands make light work.
and i am sure others will input.
regards steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

This seems to do with your own sexuality and intimate life. You see the house (a symbol for yourself)and look 'back' to your formative years and growing up.
The environment is pleasant 'wide and grassy etc'.
The sea represents the emotions. Water can be seen as a journey of the emotions sometimes ( from spring to the sea). This stage would suggest settled, mature emotions - the water has reached the sea.
A black and white horse comes out of the sea - horses usually represent sexuality - here a mature, natural expression of sexuality and intimacy - you and your husband laugh - the horse laughs - the environment is pleasant and natural.
Two young girls ( representing younger aspects of yourself - the stages of you growing up) want to join you - but this relationship is about your adult self.
A large human hand waves them away - this relationship although natural ( horse) is also spiritual (moral and 'right' judgements and censors ae made).

Overall, the dream is a reassuring reminder of your own maturing relationship with both yourself and you husband and a healthy intimate life - enjoy!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

May,
A few thoughts...
Your creative Bliss, the source being Nature or natural, from within. Awareness/uncovered in childhood.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Hi Steve, Claire and Kathy,

Thank you for your replies! Your interpretations are fabulous.

I think for me definitely there is a psychological growth/balance that has/is taking place. Definitely the dream is a positive imagine and heading in a new direction. I like the ideas of returning to childhood with awareness, and positive aspects of myself emerging.

I would like to take time to reread the responses and respond again, but in the meantime thanks for the great responses.

May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35/Europe

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present