Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
graceless baby

Hello, This is my first time posting on a forum. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thank You,
Marty

I dream that a good friend of mine has a baby. I've known her for 20 years.
I'm thrilled and so happy for her that I can hardly contain myself. She has a new baby boy.
I go to see her and hug her. I want to see the baby. I say " What is his name"?
She looks at me with no affect, no emotion, no joy and says .. "Graceless".
I'm horrified and I think I didn't understand and I say what?.. she repeats it with no affect.

my question is ... of what importance is it, that this friend had the baby, and that it wasn't mine or someone elses.
I'm horrified I think this is upsetting.. I take it personally that I am without grace..this is my baby boy.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: age 80 Location Colorado

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: graceless baby

The female friend may represent your shadow.
A baby usually represents a new idea, concept, something new to be nutured and built upon. It does not neccesarily mean a real child.
You have perhaps confronted on come to a headlong point with your shadow and maybe a 'graceless' idea has formed which needs facing, understanding and intergrating?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Marty,
Claire has pointed to some real possibilities to our dream. If you will look at what she has offered and read up about the definition of the 'shadow' in dreams you may be able to better understand the dream.

The friend in your dream is probably you {an aspect of your total self}. It would be helpful to know what gender of your friend of 20 years. Male/female genders usually have different meanings.

The grace you speak of in the last paragraph. What experiences prior to the dream have you had that reflects on 'graceless' or grace? Since you take it personally you may want to discern where that may fit into your life, and this dream.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Marty,

The good friend could signify closeness of relationship meaning this is inside you, your inner Self. Also, the deep awareness in the feminine aspect of Self. 20 and the new baby could signify the age of a beginning, such as entrance to adulthood, and/or perhaps entrance into a form of physical sporting activity like running, biking, etc, (Sense an endurance sport…?).

Going to her and the hug could symbolize this is something you welcomed, participated in and greatly enjoyed. Perhaps the desire to continue this activity but now experience limitations preventing you from full participation.

“I” being conscious ego may retain the age of 20 as the functionality of the physical, rather than functionality at age 80. ‘I’ may still desire that of the past.

The inner feminine holds the awareness, or deep inner knowledge, of the natural physical changes in the life cycle, so reveals this to ego.

Graceless has several meanings including lacking elegance and beauty of movement or expression. Rather than viewing grace as a characteristic demeanor/possessing kindness and compassion, the symbolism could apply to physical state of the body. Perhaps the dream shows a comparative evaluation of the physical state of the body between the age of 20 and 80. An unconscious knowledge within the feminine aspect of Self of the natural changes age brings to the physical form.

This at first is horrifying to ego which identifies with the physical state of an earlier age so has not and may not want to comprehend the inner knowledge. But it has been brought to consciousness, so must be resolved.

As usual, only the dreamer can determine if a dream interpretation is close or not. Examine the days prior to the dream for clues to meaning. When you get the aha! feeling, you’ll know you’re close and probably found a link.

If the interpretation is close then there is now conscious realization of those limitations. The physical body at age 80 is both elegant and beautiful in movement and expression. This is as much about changing personal as well as societal perceptions and judgments of the physical body. Every age is as beautiful and full of elegant movement as another. The uncontrolled flailing of an infant is no more or less beautiful and elegant than the athlete in their prime or the slowing pace of an older person. Each is full of grace in their moment.

Thank you for posting your dream on the Forum.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Dear Clair, yes I am glad to be reminded that the baby boy may mean a new idea or concept... and there is conflict in me about this "graceless" situation, or idea. (I have not identified this yet)....
I am wondering of what importance or significance is the woman who gave birth to the baby...would it be similar if she had been another friend or a relative etc ??
thanks for your feedback... I appreciate it.
I will also get back to the other writers soon.
thanks again,
Marty

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 80 colorado

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

To Kathy, thank you for your response.... you brought another way of looking at my dream... that the word graceless may relate to a deeper awarenss of the changes coming to me as I age... my conscious ego may be more of a 20 year old than a woman of 81 and a half. yes there is some truth here. I really appreciate your writing and giving me your feedback...I will ponder this. Marty

To Gerard, thanks for your feedback. yes my friend is an aspect of my total self. you asked where is graceless...or grace, in my life. well this has bothered me about the dream. another person suggests it could relate to the gracelessness I feel due to changes in my body as i age... I'll be 82,,,and yes, I do relate to that comment..... there is plenty that is not graceful and of course always there probably will be more. so rather than it pinting to something in my personality or spiritual self...perhaps it relates to my physical well being. I will ponder this. thanks alot for your response......Marty

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 80 colorado

stats from 7-14-10 to the present