Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Doesn't the world look beautiful when we're happy?

To the post posted by Steve, I have another topic I'd like to discuss here.

How do we find the balance between happiness/ laughter, and sadness/tears? At the moment I am trying to deal with the two, wanting to prolong the 'happy', knowing that the 'sad' will come by soon, in the future..sometime. Sometimes I feel the two are in a great contrast, I think that can be emotionally unhealthy. And yet when I am happy the world looks beautiful, I feel lighter, spiritual, welcome to things, welcome to new people.

I'm currently reading Jung and Yoga, which deals with the psyche-body connection by the author Judith Harris. It is an interesting read however at times hard to understand particularly if you don't have a knowledge of some terms used by Jung.
However the first few chapters discuss the creation of Earth, and the need for opposites, like dark and light; there cannot be an understanding and consciousness of light, happiness without feeling the opposite; the dark, and the despair. In our lives we are striving for the balance between the two consciously being aware and able to deal with the two.

The book also looks at interpreting dreams as well as the need for 'bodywork', in this case yoga. It streesses the need for analytic work with dreams and working with our bodies to 'bring psyche and body together, to give birth to a new consciousness'.

I am still reading it, I'll let everyone know when I finish and what I've learnt from it.

take care everyone,
Magda

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 Melbourne Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Doesn't the world look beautiful when we're happy?

hi,
i think its all relative,but your right the world does look better when your happy,
but the same things are going on out there wether your happy or not,
happy/sad etc these are only words we use to describe particular passing moments,and are not eternal,the only thing we can do is acknowledge them when they happen,then let them go,
from what you have described ,having to deal with both,suggests to me the spinning wheel,
the best place to be in this case,is at the centre,

one thing i can suggest,
try dream incubation,ask for a solution via your dreams,it might take a few days,but something always comes through,
you already know the answer, it is just unconscious.
regards, steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

I agree but I disagree too lol

I know the feeling of calm and happiness you talk about and especially through yoga - which someone has the power to make views of objects and surroundings 'lighter' and more 'like themselves', especially following meditation.

However, I also find the world's beauty and especially nature's beauty comforting during times of sorrow and conflict.
It is then, that you can throw aside all the trappings of modern life and look at nature, animals and plants and think, ' all I need is this' or 'all they need is air, water, food and they are happy' they have life' and somehow everything is simplified again. Sometimes during times of being 'tested' and trialled we are thrown back upon ourselves and the natural world and appreciate the simplicity of beauty and truth that is there.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

Thank you Steve and Claire for your opinions and your help.
I will try dream incubation one day. Although I think I did ask once for a dream to come, i wasn't prepared to interpret it, next time I need to be more focused.

And Claire, I truly agree on the fact that nature can provide us with relief and guide us through.
Through it's beauty, and simplicity and yet complexity as well. I will try to find that reassurance when I am sad, and look at nature, absorb its beauty, the next time I feel sad.
What I was suggesting is that when something doesn't feel right, your unconciouss tells you something is not right, it is good to try to interpret our dreams or ask for a guidance in a dream, but at the same time, it is truly beneficial to make our bodies as well, more balanced and stronger, just as the book I am reading is suggesting.

When I posted this question, I perhaps felt the opposites of these feelings strongly, I know they are passing feelings, but life does seem like a wheel, and at the moment the path to true happiness is balance. I think of myself as a creative person, but sometimes that creativity is hindered by negative thoughts, or lack of will.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 Melbourne Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

stats from 7-14-10 to the present