Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
dream interpretation

Kindly asking you to help me interpret the dream of my husband:

" We were together, entering a nice and very high building, with the walls of glass. We were climbing stairs (the ceiling was very high) and at a certain point i started to tell him that i am very tired, so he helped me climbing, sustaining me. As we were ascending, at a certain moment i became more and more tired and somehow uncounsciente and my right eye became completly white. I was complaining to my husband that i cannot see anymore. Somewhere in our ascending, we met another person, who was descending, and who happens to be a person who is creating me for almost 2 years, hughe problems. At first moment when seeing this person, my husband started to worry for the possibility of an unpleasant encounter and he also worried for that person to see me in that wick status. But continuing ascending the stairs, he realised that the mentioned person is in fact having one of the legs red and enormous, so he was hardly moving.
From the moment when we encountered that person, i started to feel better and better and finally we reached the top floor of the building where was a book shop. I was already feeling better and i picked up a book with yellow cover and having the picture of a person in yogy-meditative position and dressed in red."

Thank you for your help!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 41, Dubai, UAE

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: dream interpretation

Ada,
Are you overly dependent on your husband? Perhaps this is something you need to recognize {glass walls}.

Another possibility is a need to depend on your won masculine aspects.

The descending person may be you, the part that would falter if not for your husband's {masculine self} support. Confronting those aspects of your psyche that are in need of support could be most important. Perhaps the dream is addressing your dependence on your husband and at the same time addressing the need to be more self-commanding {masculine aspect}. The bookstore and books may represent learning more about yourself.

Have you recently begun to look at your life and ask questions? I sense an exploration of some type.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: dream interpretation

Ada,

The following may appear odd. I'm going to post an interpretation I know is not completely correct. But when your husband reads the interpretation it will probably stimulate him to think of the meaning. There is some subtle difference I can not 'read' in the dream. What I sense in the dream is similar although not exact in meaning. I apologize if this is unclear.

On a personal (waking) level your husband may desire to help you rise above the current conflict with the other person, ascending the stairs. Ceiling can symbolize intellect, thinking as opposed to feeling, or collection of relted beliefs or ideas. As with everything, acomplishment is achieved in steps. The energy you expend in this conflict taxes you (you are tired and weak). Inside he may feel as if forgiveness is a key aspect in resolving the situation. The right eye turning white & losing sight could reference a religious teaching similar to 'if thy right eye offend thee pluck it out and cast it from thee' (but not this one?). The conflict has lasted a long time, so long perhaps you no longer consciously recall what the confilct is really about, on what the real issue was to start with.

The other person descending with injured leg could represent two meanings. One, the anger carried within this other person causes their own injury and misfortune, descending rather than ascending. Two, unconscious knowledge that may lie within your husband on how to best resolve the conflict, phrased in the following quote:

"If we could read the secret history of our enemies, we should find in each man's life sorrow and suffering enough to disarm all hostility."
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Perhaps in your husbands unconscious, it is this wisdom he wishes to convey to you. In truly understanding this, perhaps this could allow you to rise above the conflict, refocus your energy to a refreshemnt of life in living life positive, noted by the yellow book cover, the yogi-meditative position and dressed in red.

Again, there may be something in the above dream interpretation that doesn't 'feel' right. With your response we can again look at this dream and get to the meaning.

Dreams often contain multiple meanings. Many times there is a deeper meaning related to personal psychological development in dreams.

The building would symbolize your husband, you represent his anima, the feminine traits within. Feminine traits typically being nurturing, caring, emotion, intuition, etc. Masculine traits being rational thought, agressiveness, competition, etc. See Anima/Animus to the right for more information on these aspects.

{ossibly the masculine aspect works to carry or aid a weak feminine believing the feminine to be without or not the proper perspective. This blinds the feminine trait. The inner Self recognizes some trait the other person (who causes problems) possesses may be the source of mistrust of your husbands inner feminine aspect. This trait would also be the cause of not integrating the feminine aspect. But as the dream ending describes, by working to uncover the source, work with the issue and integrate this feminine aspect, the higher Self is realized. Which leads to a more balanced person and more positive fulfillment in life.

Please respond with your thoughts on the dream interpretation(s) if you like.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

stats from 7-14-10 to the present