Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
budgies

Hi, my dream last night, took a while to remember it, and not sure what made me remember it, but:

I dreamt of budgies, I have dreamt of budgies a few times before, and not sure what they symbolise.

Well I think in the dream, I had some budgies, or I bought them as pets.
I remember them being very small, wrapped in light material, very tight, as they seemed to be born not long ago. Well that's what I thought anyway.
But somehow I kept them wrapped in this material for too long, and they died. There was many of them.

I had to get or buy more to replace the dead ones.
And after that I remember they seemed healthy, perhaps grew bigger, with many bright colours.

In my waking life many years ago, I had two budgies as pets, one blue male and one yellow female. We had to give them away to somebody else, before we moved to Australia, so I feel fond of budgies.

What do budgies symbolise, well they are birds, so would ideas of freedom, movement etc be part of this dream?
A book I am reading at the moment 'Yoga and Jung' speaks of birds in dreams, where if you dream of flying birds you seem to get away from reality and seeking the spiritual life which can be harmful.

What would this dream symbolise in my case? Is the death of these birds positive then?
and the act of getting more to replace the dead? Is that seeking a higher spiritual life anyway? There seem to be two motifs in the dream, death and life.

Any ideas most welcome,

thanks
M

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 Melbourne Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: budgies

Dear Magda

It is some book that 'Jung and Yoga' by Judith Harris.
If it is the same book, there is a forward by Marion Woodman ,,, "Jung repeatedly warned people born in the West to ground their yoga practice in the body if they wished to dare the heights of spiritual insight".

At the heart of this work is paradox - death brings life; letting go beings renewal; intertwined meanings.

The bird is often said to symbolise transcendence ,, attaining the spiritual heights ,,, but if it is ungrounded there is no connection to the earth (mother ,,, recognition of where we came from). If you are lofty, reaching for the skies you may have xs connection to the father.
The budgie is such a great symbol of a 'householder' ,,, yet it is a pet ,,, contained, controlled, not really free,
I am reminded of the tale of the father who kill the bird that the child has ,,, because it sings too much ,, all it wants to do is sing its song. I am sorry I cannot remember it more accurately.

If you are practicing hatha yoga (asana) reflect on groundedness in your practice - establishing a firm, rooted connection to the ground. "Root to Rise".

Hope this helps, namaste
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Brisbane Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thanks Justin,

I practice yoga very rarely, well I did more few years ago, but haven't in a while - would like to get back to it.
I suppose though the symbol of transdendence amd renewal is still there in the dream, relating to my personal life.

I don't think I have been trying to free myself from the earthly life.
So then renewal is perhaps more useful in this dream.
You know the birds were wrapped in this material so tight they looked like tiny mummies.

I wonder how the dream relates to my waking life.
Have I successfully attempted to ground myself in the earthly life? why did I get more birds?
I am slightly confused.

M

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

And last night I have dreamt of being on a plane, looking out onto beautiful views, of the ocean.
The view was so clear,and it felt like there was almost no window in the plane, or no plane itself, just feeling of being seated and strapped like in a aearoplane.

It seems like I am trying to attain to something more spiritual, deeper.
These symbols are similar to the dream about budgies.

I thought I was on the right track in my waking life.
Do these dreams highlight that or suggest another direction?

thank you
Magda

Re: Re: budgies

Hi Magda

you are right these are similar themes ,,, in a sense.
You have mentioned something very interesting ,,, mummification ,,, dead but 'petrified' ,,,
There is another theme in this aeroplane dream - that of inflation ,,, take care. Where is the balance in your life?

I think Jung's warning about yoga was not just about physical yoga - yoga includes many practices whose aim is the return to union (just as Jung described individuation). However all these practices are potent and intensify the process.
We (Westerners), especially at this time, are not grounded ,,, we are prone to lofty idealism and esoteric thought. For this union we need to stay connected - like the trunk of a tree - the leaves reach to heaven, the roots are in the earth and provide the stability ,,, if we are uprooted, or do not tend our roots we run the risk of becoming unstable and falling. Our physical form needs to be strong enough to make and sustain the linking - in this physical form we are the connector.

In one arm of practices there is the intention of sublimating the body, almost denying or overcoming it's perceived limitations. Is this life affirming?
Another arm of practices include the body; and perceive the body as a vehicle through which the joy of union can be perceived. This does not mean just physical union with another; although it has been portrayed as such. These practices include the body in the journey, and do not deny all that that entails - physical limitations, ailements, ageing. So there are TWO journeys happening - the inner and the outer: the psychic/spiritual and the physical.

One way to work with dreams that this is to be open to whatever possibilities come up,,,, reflect on the dreams over time ,,, trust that the dream is letting you know something that is true and that knowing will help you.

thanks for the response,
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Brisbane Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present