Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Horrible Dream of Baby

Hi.

I had a very disturbing dream and I am hoping that typing it out will relieve my mind of these images.

It began with me in an apartment,it was a different one than the one I live in now. I was in a deep depression and would randomly remember that I had a baby. I had the baby in its crib at all times, and I would suddenly remember to feed it and change it. I remembered to go change it and decided to bathe the baby. It was 5 months old but only about 5-6 pounds. Very curved body, from being neglected I think.

I started the water, left the drain unplugged and set my baby on the edge of the tub while I went to answer the door. My mom had come over, and she brought my aunt and uncle (who are now divorced in real life)over. We heard the baby cry, and my mom knew I had it, but they didn't so I told them, yup I have a baby, would you like to see it. They said yes, and when I went into the bathroom to get it the baby was in the tub with its head against the drain. But then it somehow ended up sucked down the drain with only the face pointing up, and the face was turning green, and the baby was crying. If you could imagine the sight of a green baby's face crying up at you from your bathtub drain then you know why the image is so disturbing. The water was starting to pool up around the face and I had to pull the baby out before it drowned. I wiggled my fingers in and pulled the baby out.

I brought the baby out to show them and it was covered in herpes, all over the legs and body. That was also a very disturbing image. I wiped the baby down with a towel, cleaning up the pus that was leaking out. I then realized I couldn't remember the baby's name, and I became frantic. I begged my mom to tell me my child's name. She wouldn't tell me for some reason, and then she finally did. She told me the baby's name was Michael (that is my boyfriends name in real life). I have been calling the baby, baby and it because it had female body but a male name and so I was confused. My aunt and uncle were appalled that I didn't know my own childs name, as was I. I was also appalled that I just left it in bed for 5 months and missed out on 5 months of its life, and hurt it so badly, but then I told myself that maybe I could have another one later and do it right next time.

The whole dream is very disturbing to me. Any input would be greatly appreciated. :)
Tink

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 22, Michigan

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Horrible Dream of Baby

Tinkster,
The apartment could represent a complex you possess that may be causing depression in your life. The baby could very well represent a part of you that is neglected. The number 5 may be significant. Does that number have any relevance in your life that you can think of?

This 'baby' aspect may not be fully clear to your conscious mind {mother knows but not aunt and uncle}. The circumstance surrounding its inclusion in your life {a complex and depression} may be draining you and threatening your mental health {green face in the bathtub drain}.

The last paragraph seems to be leaning more light to the possibilities of your mental pain. What is the full relationship between you and your boyfriend? Does herpes have and significant meaning {or is it merely another metaphor?}. Not knowing the baby's name may be there is not a baby to be named in the first palce. And again the number 5 appears, twice. Is there a possibility of an aborted pregnancy after 20 weeks {green baby's face down the drain}. If you will provide your thoughts then perhaps we can better sort this all out for your benefit.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi. :)
Thank you for the response.
Yes herpes does have an importance in my relationship with my boyfriend.

I do have a mental disorder that only him and my mom know about?

A few months ago in July actually I may have miscarried but I don't think I was anything further along than 2-3 months.

There was also a part about feet that I forgot to add in and when I tried to come back to add it, I was given a message that said my IP address was blocked.

The baby's feet were shedding, the way a snake sheds, and they were in a whole piece, like socks, except ther was a hole by the toes and I could see that it wasn't time to pull the skin off because they toes were bleeding a little bit.

Thanks for your response.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Tinkster,
Thanks for your response. It verified much of what I thought the dream was addressing but your comments put things into a personal context that only you could. It also makes me want to look closure at the number 5's in your dream and see what that might lead to. Having 5 repeat itself so many times in one dream usually has significance. I had considered that 5 months would be late term but more in thinking of an abortion than a miscarriage {an abortion would have been opposite what you wanted?}.

Are there any recent experiences in your life where 5 may have been a part? In the dream the 5 seems to be associated with the baby.

In a deeper sense {your post expounded on your recent waking life experiences, the miscarriage, the herpes, etc} the baby may be a aspect of you or your life. There is a neglected aspect involved, perhaps something about yourself you wish to or need to change. This part of you has not gotten enough attention/nourishment {love and acceptance}. I get the impression this deeper aspect of the dream is addressing your own childhood.

How was your childhood, traumtic, loving, average, a lot lacking? Have there been any really traumatic experiences in your 22 years of life, something that really changed you?

The number 5 is often a number I see as symbolic of change. There may many things in your life you wish to change but perhaps the most important, you wish you could have changed many of your past experiences. From your narratives I can see there are emotional issues that you are seriously dealing with and that fits any observations about about the personal aspect. These deeper issues be from the deep unconscious addressing the child that you still are {that neglected infant will always be there}.

If you address these comments in this post perhaps we will be able to derive more meaning from the dream.

As for the aded part of the dream. I don't know how that changes the interpretation of the dream. It may be addressing the miscarriage but probably has more personal associations beyond that also. It si curious you state "the baby's feet were shedding, the way a snake sheds". That is sounding like a death and resurrection motif. Of course that also could be interpreted as 'required or desired changes'.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thank you.

You put an unique perspective on dream interpretation. I have trouble deciding what my dreams could really mean.

I was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder and I did have a rough childhood. My mom and Michael are the only ones who know of this.

I can not imagine where the five comes from. That has me baffled.

Tink

stats from 7-14-10 to the present