Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dream about ex

I had a dream in the past about a dead relative. Now I had another dream.

My dream started out that I was standing in a gravel driveway. There was a white shed at the end of the driveway, and a fence along the left hand side. At the end of the driveway was my ex bf of 4 years. He was working on what looked like a lawnmower. I don't remember if I talked to him or anything, but it just seemed right for him to be there. On the right hand side was a white house with a big pourch. I looked in the house and I saw 3 women talking inside. I didn't recognize any of them. Then they walked out of the house from a side door next to the driveway. When the ladies walked out I relaized that I knew two of the ladies. One lady walked up to me and it was my moms mother. She passed away a few years ago. She walked up to me and I spoke to her. I told her that I didn't know she was still around. She laughed and said yes, and hugged me. Then she looked to her left and said, "Alana's cooking smells good. I hope she invites me to dinner." Then she turned and walked away. She looked so different from what I remember her. She looked so healthy and happy. After she walked away she was gone. Then I walked over to what I think was a pourch swing, but not on the pourch but near the door they came out of. I sat down, and next to me sat my ex bf's mother. She put her hand on me and then I woke up.

When I woke up, once again I told my parents about the dream and told them everything. Then they told me that the house and driveway, and even the fence was a place that we lived at when I was an infant. I asked about the person that my grandma had talked about and no one knew anyone by that name. The thing that worried me the most is that I never got a long with my ex's mom, and she was in this dream with my grandma, and she touched me, but she is still alive. Also, the other person that walked out of the house I didn't know, and I didn't see them again in the dream. I don't know why I keep having these dreams, but instead of scaring me they are just weird.

If anyone could help that would be great.

Kacey

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 20, WV

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Dream about ex

Kacey,
If one of the other contributors does not provide an interpretation to your dream today I will do so later or in the morning. Unfortunately I have to pay the devil {working to make a living} and my time is limited this morning. I try not to give interpretations unless I have I can give my full attention tro each dream. Thanks,

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Dream about ex

Kacey,
This dream seems to be addressing different relationships from your past. Your ex-boyfriend, your 'mom's mom' and your ex's mom. Let's look at them individually to determine what might be the significance of each and the whole. But in the end it may be addressing personality and/or the ego self. These past relationships may have an unconscious bearing on how you live your life in the present. In such a case the dream would not only be adddressing the 3 different relationships individually but also collectively. This collective aspect would point to the present and how the past influences shape your life {although unconscious}.

The line 'it just seemed right for him to be there' may best be addressing how you truly feel about your past relationship with your ex. Details.
A shed is where you store things. The fence on the left hand side may represent how you view your own personal growth in association with this past relationship. The lawnmower also may be doing the same. Both would indicate the relationship was 'cutting' into and 'fencing' off any personal growth you desire in life and in the relationship. {among other things, left and grass - lawnmower - are symbols for growth}

The house is an aspect of your life {I can not remember a house representing anything other than an aspect of the dreamer}. The porch would be an extension, or perhaps a lesser aspect, of your life {it could represent a complex}. The importance may more psychological on your part. Since the porch is on the right I will assume it is speaking about the ego-self. Not recognizing {at first} any of the 3 women may be addressing the 3 different aspects, 3 different relationships. Recognizing two of them may represent your conscious about your 'mom's mom' and your ex's mom. Did you not get along with either? {or is there something the two share you do or do not like?}. When you address your grandmother as your 'mom's mom' it leaves an impression of some type of conflict in that relationship.
{what might be at play here is the negative 'impressions' you had of these two known women. Your mom's mom didn't look well the last time you saw here and you never got along with your ex's mother}.

The 3rd unknown women would be an unconscious recognition {not yet conscious} of this other aspect of yourself. It may be what the 'she put her hand on me' represents in the dream. The ability to recognize certain aspects about yourself may be what the different past relationships are addressing. If all 3 were negative then there may be something from that which causes you to act, think, or feel in a certain way that is not in character or different from how you should act, think or feel. The fact that the house was the house you lived ina s an infant may suggest that time period had something to do with the way you are. Adding all of it together it may be pointing to a certain 'complex' you possess that needs to be recognized before it too becomes a 'negative' in your life.

To better understand what that might be will require some more input on your part. What common
associations might there be between the 3 different people? Did they all end up negative? If you will give your impressions perhaps we can gain more insights to this dreams intentions.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present