Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
pets/baby

Hi,
My first dream was fairly short. I was in a big empty room,(like a living room) giving my cat a bath because he had fleas. I just couldn't figure out where he got the fleas because he is an inside cat, and I was also dreading the thought of having to bathe the other 3 cats too. I remember I got him (the cat) nice and sudsie, had lots of bubbles. ;) Oh, and he had a collar on too, which in real life he does not wear one.
The other dream, which to me, seemed to run right into, had me at a friends house. Along with some other friends, we were all cleaning up after some kind of party. I remember picking through a couple of santa shaped ashtrays, to get the paper trash out, then emptied the cig butts and ashes, wiped them clean, and then put pens and pencils back on them. My friend was also at the time, holding her infant son, who had just woke up. I knew she wanted some 'alone' time with her husband, so I offered to take the baby home for a few hours. She was hesitant, as he was starting to cry. She told me he is probably wanting a bottle, but it wasn't time for one. I could see the baby rooting, and knew he was indeed hungry. I ask her if she had him on baby food yet, (thinking in my head he might could hold out between bottles better if he had something more solid in his belly) When she told me 'no, just milk ' I felt angry that she was not feedin this baby properly, that he was starving. I then was trying to figure out how to back out of my offer to sit with him, because I couldn't handle the thought of taking him home, and not being able to feed him. Then I woke up.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 40/OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: pets/baby

Jennifer,
I get the impression this first dream is incomplete {you may have forgotten parts of it} and that could influence the meaning {s}. We will analyze what you did provide.

If we can assume the cat is symbolic metaphor for some aspect of yourself and/or your life, then perhaps it help let us understand the dream message.
In that case it is the male cat, one of four cats {4 is the number for wholeness in Jungian philos} with the fleas is causing the emotional conflict within your life. Fleas symbolically could represent something that is bothering you that you want to get rid of. But the experience of doing this seems very enjoyable, thus it may involve something you really want to do, even looking forward to it. Can you think of anything in your waking life that fits with this? The male cat, masculine aspect of a woman {see Animal/Animus to better understand this terminology} is the causing the current conflicts in your waking life.

Look also at the possibility that the male cat represents an actual male relationship.

Then there is the empty room. This most likely refers to something within your life. This room is a 'big' part of you. Or lack of one?

I will post the interpretation to the second dream a little later. Let me know your impressions to this interpretation if you should visit before I provide the rest of my interpretation.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thanks for your reply on this one. I will try to be a little more detailed. I had said that I was dreading having to bathe the other 3 cats, and I can add that bathing this one wasn't a task I enjoyed. I saw it as something I had to do, to a cat that does not like a bath. The room itself was fairly large, and empty, not even with something to bathe the cat in. I had him soaped up on a floor. Just me, sitting on the floor with a soapy cat. No sink or tub, no water. (So I have no idea how I was even bathing him to begin with.) I hope this helps a little better. I will look forward to your next reply, thanks again!

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Jennifer,
Thanks for the added info. It may make a real difference in how I read the dream, with the added info. The circumstances of how and where you are bathing the cat may say a lot about the dream message. Plus it is a task you don't wish to do.

look at your waking life and see what things you must do that you don't wish to do. There may be a connection.

Dreams are about you, your life, your emotions, complexes, the various aspects that make up who you are {including personality}. Dreams speak in metaphorical symbols or images. Jung discovered how to understand and interpret this symbolic language. But since the symbols are not fixed {means the same thing every time} there has to be an understanding of the dreamer's life to determine what the symbols may represent. Your life is different from everyone else. So the symbols for you may not fit someone else. I can use age and gender to determine a lot about dreams. The personal aspect {the rule is there are at least two interpretations to every dream, or even symbols} is more difficult to understand until there is more personal info provided.
Then there are the archetypal or universal symbols.....

I'll take time later tonight, or more likely in the morning, to analyze the whole dream.

Gerard

PS- If you how some free time to read some of the links I have created on dreams and dream psychology {left column}, it may help with your understanding of my interpretations and the dream message.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thanks again :) After reading some of the things you linked, and in thinking about my life at the moment, here is what I am loosely coming up with.
First, I think the cat I was bathing was the main one in the dream because on that particular day he was sleeping with me. (I usually sleep with another cat, and no others) And maybe the room was big because I have been anxious about bills. It seems very large at the moment, with the holidays and birthdays coming up. My job, which I hate, has cut back on the hours, so my income is less, but my 'output' seems to be more this month. So while I was bathing him (me working), I was dreading the thought of bathing the others (me looking into a second job ?) And the size of the room may be that I feel small compared to the problem at hand, and maybe its empty because I sometime feel like I lack what is necessary to maintain a good budget? I am a single mom of 3, with one in college, and I know in my waking life I can, on a rare occcasion feel overwhelmed by my responsibilities. Maybe all this is just trying to work itself out in my dreams? Just a thought ...

Jennifer,
Excellent observations connecting the dream to your waking life. What you stated can readily fit with each other. The 3 daughters {and mom make 4} fit. Do you actually own 4 cats? {I have four felinines of my own}. Your dreams represent your current life circumstances and the emotional values, with the intention to help sort through the conflicts and bring some resolution to them. The old addage, 'you'll feel beter after a good night's sleep' has meaning. Dreams act as the immune system for the psychology.

In the morning I'll look again at your dream and the info you have provided.

one way to determine whether an interpretation is correct is if it fits your waking life.

Gerard

I actually do have 4 cats, 2 males, 2 females. And my kids are 2 sons, 1 daughter . 2 each human and animal lol. Go figure ...
I am still trying to figure out how the other dream may play out, as it almost seemed to me that there really wasn't a gap in time between the two. Although I can be wrong on this. As some added info on the 2nd dream, my friends baby is actually older than he appeared in the dream, and I have always thought of her as a really good mom. I am also in real life trying to quit smoking, which may be why the ashtrays were in the dream. In the dream though, I cleaned them out, only to fill them up with pens and pencils.
I think too, that the party setting has something to do with the fact that about the only times I do see this particular group of friends is 1. getting together for ritual, and 2. for my wicca 102 class.
Although I am not as far into it as I'd like to see myself, I am a practicing witch.
Thanks so much for your time, and sharing of your knowledge

Jennifer,
A Wiccan. I have many acquaintances who are witches. Wicca is a great earth based religion. Of course don't tell that to a christian or you may find yourself being burned at the stalk.

The ash trays may say a lot about the dream. The fleas may be, among other things, the annoying habit of smoking. Pens and pencils may be symbolic of expressing this desire in one form or another. But expressing it and doing it are two different things.

The baby may be pure symbolism of your desire to quit smoking. You would become a whole new person. The scenario about the baby could fit into your smoking habits. The new thing {the baby} is a really desire to quit, to be that new person without the habit. Time for the bottle, time for a smoke. Rooting and hungry. Sounds like a real addition. The baby is starving for real nourishment, which would be not giving in to the habit.

But that nourishment is really a need to stop smoking, a healthy habit. You may need help in achieving these desired goals because of the desire to feed the habit. Deep down you are starving for this new person {the baby} to come about. Perhaps the smoking habit is that thing I spoke of in my original post that you want to get rid of. It seems to fit.

What's your impressions? You seem to be doing a great job of putting the pieces together, as it should be when someone with intelligence tries to improve them-self.

Gerard

Jennifer,
Let's address the cat metaphor first. If it isn't something you like doing then it probably represents something in your waking life that you do not enjoy. Since it is a male cat my guess it is a masculine trait you possess {such as anger} that turns you off.
Since it is a cat, feminine aspect, then such traits would not be the norm for your personality.

On the other hand smoking could very well be that thing you wish you could wash away. Since it is a male cat it would encompass both male and female aspects. That would represent the opposites. On one hand is the desire to smoke {desire being the lesser quality befitting the masculine, which represents the body}. On the other hand is the desire to quit smoking, satisfying the feminine self, the soul aspect. The whole baby scenario {in your dream} could very well fit this motif.
I felt angry that she was not feedin this baby properly, that he was starving.
That would be a feminine trait, compassion for that part of you that needs proper nourishment. It may be that part of you that is neglecting the healthy body in part to the lack of discipline in being able to quit smoking.

But the baby also probably represents something deeper. There are probably other aspects that need proper nourishment in your life {we all have them}.

The mom speak of in your dream is most likely representative of yourself. Put her in the context of yourself with the baby being this new self that does not smoke.

Then there is the new founded spiritual awakening you have discovered through Wicca. That may play into the whole of the dream. Dreams can and do address more than one issue at a time using the same symbols to represent different aspects in your life. Dreams will combine real life experiences with symbolic language to define the condition of your emotional self. It is up to you ultimately to discern what fits where.

Any other thoughts that may help in understanding this dream, and the issues in conflict it is trying to communicate?

Gerard

Thanks so much for all the wonderful insite. It makes sense. As far as areas of conflict in my waking life, I can see how it can apply to 1. how I'd like to get out of debt, 2. quit smoking . Both of these areas are situations that I know will improve not only my physical self, but inner self as well. Both I have a strong desire for, but seem to lack the disipline to achieve. I guess it's time to dig a little deeper and pull out more inner strength and get myself motivated There is too, another area, which would make sense in where the people in the dream would come into play. I am often secretly wishing for more quality time to enjoy and enrich myself spiritually. You know like just to have time to walk out in the woods, and talk with the divine. To see mother earth, and feel connected .. that sort of thing.
Anyway, thank you again for the insite, and for the web site too. There are lots of interesting reads here.

p.s
I was also wondering where would be a good place to get more info on dreams that come true?
This happens with me on occassion, and in having another one the other day, gets me curious.
Thanks !

Jennifer,
The one page I have created about such dreams is Precognitive Dreams - Do Dreams Predict the Future? This page will provide insights to how dreams function when addressing possible future events.

Gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present