Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
sex and insects

Hi, i was wondering if you had any insight into this dream?
I dreamt i was initiating sex with my partner (which is strange because i dont normally initiate) He was not really into it (also strange because that rarely happens) when many bugs started flooding out of my mouth. Horrifying because am not a fan of bugs especially many at once.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29, Scotland

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: sex and insects

Pauline,
In the dream you and your partner are reversing roles. The "bugs started flooding out of my mouth" may suggest something that is unpalatable or difficult for you to accept. Your position of letting your partner initiate sex may be due to unconscious impressions and/or experiences of sex earlier in life preventing you from be able to initiate sex.

On the other hand it may indicate a unconscious desire where you wish you could express yourself better when it comes to initiating sex. If this is the case then the unconscious barriers need to be recognized and confronted. Reasons for not being able to better communicate {mouth} these desires would also probably be from earlier life experiences that left negative impressions of sex.

Have you and your partner discussed your initiating sex in recent days? There is also the possibility the bugs coming from your mouth may be addressing requests from your partner for oral sex.

If you wish to comment on these possibilities please do so. Any additional information may help to better understand the dream images and the underlying message.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: sex and insects

Pauline,

In addition to Gerard's insights the following may apply. The dream could symbolize a role reversal in an empathic tone. You are your partner, he is you. Where your partner's attempts to initate sex are met with your disinterest and this bothers him. An unconscious perception or recognition this bothers him, perhaps he does not understand why. Yet neither of you can talk about it or know how to broach the subject. An emotional and physically intimate relationship calls for open dialogue but can be difficult as talking about sex, even in close relationships, is a social taboo.

If you can respond with your thoughts perhaps we can look further into your dream.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

stats from 7-14-10 to the present